News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error message while searching

Started by Boby_, July 31, 2014, 03:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boby_

Hi!

I'm getting an error message "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_search".
SMF version is 2.0 RC2 and there are a lot of mods installed.
This error message have been appearing for a while now with every search attempt. There weren't any changes to the forum recently so i have no idea what might be the reason for it.
Could you please help me with an advise where I should look for the problem?

Arantor

First of all you should upgrade to a version that doesn't have dozens of security issues - you're at 12 versions behind.

When you've done that, I'll talk you through rebuilding the custom search index which is the likely cause of this.

Boby_

Thanks for the tip! :) It was enough to empty "log_search_subjects" table and search works again!

You're absolutely right about the risks of being 12 versions behind. Unfortunately our forum is heavily customized and modified (both mods and custom edits) and it's next to impossible for me at the moment to spend the time needed to upgrade it to the latest version. :(

Arantor

Just to give you some kind of context, in the last 5 years since RC2, something like 65 separate vulnerabilities have been patched there (most of which while SMF was still in beta), not to mention many many bug fixes.

I can't make you spend the time on it, but I can give you an idea of the seriousness involved.

Advertisement: