[FREE] 'Points' system with NO shop please?

Started by Poss, July 31, 2014, 02:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poss

Version

Description
I've seen the SMF Shop mods, however it is only their points system that I am interested in.  I do not want a 'shop' attached at all, nor do I want my members to be able to trade points with each other, I simply want their accounts to be able to generate 'points' automatically based on participation around the site.  (x points automatically granted per post, x points per new topic started, and x points granted at registration.)

Permissions
This feature would automatically grant all registered accounts 'points' as described above (x points per post, x points per new topic started, and x points granted at registration), however only Administrators should be able to edit these total numbers manually.  As admin, I want to be able to take away, or add points, to specific accounts as I see fit. 

Now.. I am hoping to make this request simple on the mod author, so the following Permissions info can be ignored if it is at all too complicated to add in:
I'd like to be able to decide, as admin, which user groups this point system affects.  As in, it would be nice to be able to decide which user groups will be granted automatic points, and which will not be granted any.  It would also be nice to be able to decide, as admin, which specific boards grant points, and which do not.  Again, these two permission features are not required for this request, but would make the mod very handy.

Feature Set
I'd like some behind the scenes admin options where I can decide how many points are generated with: each new post, each new topic started, each new account (Registration points should be granted to new sub-accounts as well).

I'd also possibly like to be able to turn on which user groups get points, and which don't, or which boards generate points and which don't.

I do not want my members to be able to have any manual control over the points they generate, besides being able to view their current total.  They should not be able to trade points/send points/remove or add points manually in any way.

I'd like for the # of points each account has to be able to show up under their avatar, and keep itself updated.  In addition to this, possibly if the user group is not included in the points system, this info section below their avatar simply would not appear, rather than showing '0 points'.

Thank you in advance to anyone who considers taking on this mod request!  I have a site full of people that will adore you for your efforts, myself included.  =}

Poss

No, I hadn't come across this one yet.  Thank you very much, we will give it a try and see if it is what we are looking for!  =}

Edit:  Just tried it out, even emulating smf 2.0 RC3 this mod will not install.  We'd need a version for 2.0.8.  Would I request an update by replying to the link you offered?

Poss

Just had my other admin try it out.   Even emulating smf 2.0 RC3 this mod will not install.  We'd need a version for 2.0.8.  How would I go about requesting an update for the mod?

Diego Andrés

Just edit the package-info.xml of the mod and change the <install for="2.0 - 2.0RC3"> to <install for="2.0 - 2.0.8">, the same with <uninstall> tag

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Poss

Quote from: Diego Andrés on July 31, 2014, 08:17:14 PM
Just edit the package-info.xml of the mod and change the <install for="2.0 - 2.0RC3"> to <install for="2.0 - 2.0.8">, the same with <uninstall> tag

Thank you very much, this helped us to install the mod!

...However, the mod doesn't seem to do what I need it to.  I can not find a way to manually edit an account's 'point' count? (Add or remove from the total they've earned)

Poss

Still looking for this simple points mod.  If anyone could help out, that would be amazing. 

Diego Andrés

Well, the mod we pointed above is very simple, what you ask is a more complex mod.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Poss

The mod above would work great for us, however it does not allow administrators to modify the total points count (add or remove points) on any member's account, as the admin see fit.  Unfortunately, without that, it is of no use to us. 

Advertisement: