News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

lock topic and remove topic settings

Started by myobuwing, August 01, 2014, 11:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myobuwing

Ive been stuck on this for a few days. I made a test account for a regular member, when I post from the regular members it lets me lock and remove thread. I dont want regular members have this option, only mods and admin how do I configure these settings

margarett

Check permissions for regular users. For further details, check our wiki ;
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

myobuwing

I've read the wiki, it justva description of lock topic. I've looked in permissions and I dont seem to see it. Can I get a path? I bet it could slap me but I just dont see it.

Steve

Admin -> Members -> Permissions -> Group Name -> Modify ?
DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Go back into permissions, and scroll down until you see the "Topics" part.

Make sure to check these settings in particular-

Merge any topic   
Split any topic   
Make topics sticky   
Move topic
Own topic:   
Any topic:   
Lock topics
Own topic:   
Any topic:   
Remove topics
Own topic:
Any topic:   

myobuwing

Thanks,  yup it slapped me in the face. Thanks from a newbie

Steve

Yer welcome from whichever one of us got you there. :P

Can you mark the thread solved then?
DO NOT pm me for support!

myobuwing

I unchecked them, but it appears my test member can still lock and remove,  does it take time for the setting to kick in?

Kindred

no....   but you do have to set it for EVERY GROUP that the users might be part of (including post-count-based groups, if you have that turned on)

SMF permissions are inclusive...  which means that, if ANY group gives them a permission, they get that permission
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

myobuwing

I haven't got regular members set to any group, just whatever the default is.  So I guessing I need to setup new members to regular member?

Kindred

regular members is not an actual group...   it's the catch-all for any member who does not belong to a specific primary group.

but - do you have post-count-based groups activated?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

myobuwing

Kindred

if you do...  then any permissions that they get from those groups will also affect them
Слaва
Украинi

myobuwing

Ok, I cant find that setting. I know I seen it......

Arantor

Go into their profile > permissions, will tell you which group gives them that permission.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

myobuwing

You all are awesome!  Thanks, I have to set newbie, etc yo inherent regular members. That was driving me nuts! Thanks for being helpful!

Advertisement: