I would like to move the categories to nav menu if possible, pls help

Started by mulwa, August 01, 2014, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulwa

I am making a new design now unique,
I need a way i can move the forum categories to the nav menu. So that from the nav menu the categories could be accessed so that it won't be must to visit forum before clicking on the categories. Thanks.

mashby

A category by SMF definition is just a collection of boards. Do you want your boards in the nav menu? If so, in what manner? The Home nav button could in theory be used as a flyout with the boards as menu items in said flyout (Sources/Sub.php). Is that what you're after? The main page does that in what is likely a better way in that permissions are taken into consideration. The Sources/Subs.php file might also be used with permissions as well.

A better idea of what you're after would prove helpful in us helping you. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I guess there is no other way but to manually add the said categories and their boards to nav menu. Menu Editor Lite mentioned above is a useful mod. Or if you prefer another menu, a jump to menu  (below) is something you can learn from.

mulwa

thanks all.
This is how i want it to be: am using Simple Portal, instead of clicking on forum before going to the categories and boards i would like the categories to be moved to the nav menu so that there would be no need of clicking on "forum" before seeing the categories, and if it can't be moved to the nav menu then if possible let it be included in the nav menu. Then i'd try to exclude "forum" in the nav menu. Thanks for quick reply.

You can do all that by editing nav menu in Subs.php manually or using a packaged mod. Find and edit nav menu under this:
// All the buttons we can possible want and then some, try pulling the final list of buttons from cache first.

How do I add buttons to SMF 2.0?

Chalky

Have you had a look at the Tabbed Categoties mod?  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3720  May not be exactly what you want but it's easier and might even be better  :)

Advertisement: