2.0.8 fresh install --- admin error log undefined index

Started by DarkAngel612, August 01, 2014, 07:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

Well I don't know what else to do but ask about this error message.
8: Undefined index: label
File: /home/severa/public_html/angelwingcreations/limbo/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line: 327

It only appears when accessing the security link in admin and only with Paypal Donations as the one and only mod package installed.

This is a closed (no registrations allowed) for now but if this keeps happening I know not what to do.

Granted this package is from version 2.0 of SMF Snork's http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=273

I have used this one many times in the past versions but now with 2.0.8 it coughs up that error.

No conflict with any other mod since I uninstalled, reuploaded fresh files to make sure it was gone, ensured its files were gone then reinstalled it to test.

still the error persists. I have looked all through the files it has for the word : Label and it is not there.

I have since removed it from the active packages and only have Tiny Portal now.

Any ideas what to do to not have this error? I fear that my active sites also have this error since it is used for donations. I saw the slightly newer versions offered but this one is perfect, I can have a block or link depending on the site.

I forgot...when this package is activated the error show up, with other packages...and yes I tried others to see, the error is not there.

Although in its file for the manual edits it does list the items for karma --- $txt['karmaLabel'] = 'Karma label';

that is the only "label" I found...would removing the word from its description there stop the error in admin?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

DarkAngel612

yes I know, I read the entire post and strange how it was happening then and now again.

As I said I tested this with NO other package at all, just the straight SMF files.

The paypal package will shoot off the error if installed and no errors at all when not installed. something in there does not like it and that post was not helpful in this matter cause all he says is that it is not his mod.

I trust him and am sure he is not storying to us cause he has a great mod here, but something in the coding somewhere (if not his mod then must be SMF codes) that are reacting adversely.

That is why I put this post in here in its own thread.....for this year and version to see if someone can help figure it out so others that have it installed, and get the error can be aided.

My own workaround this situation....since I use Tiny Portal, I have just entered our paypal coding for the donations button into a side block. We have our button showing---no link in nav bar---and NO errors.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Kindred

issues with a specific mod should be addressed in the support topic for that mod...

regardless of trust of the author or what...   we don't support mods here - we only support the core software (which is tough enough)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

love your ava tag...oh mean one.

I know but that is why I brought it in here, IF it is not his mod then maybe it is something in the security section that reacts to his mod not the other way around.

The error only happens when mod is activated AND going into security and moderation link....then there is the error in logs.

Sir Osis of Liver

Attach your GenericMenu.template.php with mod installed, let's have a look.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DarkAngel612

ok, here it is and right now though it does have TP installed...like I said it misbehaves even if it is the only mod installed.

To install it I had to emulate to version 2.0, maybe that  could be a contributing factor.

Sir Osis of Liver

That line is the input field for visual verification (captcha) on the registration form.  That section of code has not been edited by the mod, it's identical to default code, so the problem is elsewhere, possibly one of the variable values has been affected by the mod.  You'd have to take this up with the mod author.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DarkAngel612

then I will go into his thread and chime in like the rest but he is adamant that it is not his mod since no core files are altered, something like that.

thanks

Advertisement: