News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Unsure] Create & Edit / move boards & categories...

Started by MoreBloodWine, August 03, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

If such a beast exists I missed it.

Basically I'm looking for a mod that has group assignable permissions that will allow anyone in that group to only create, edit / move boards & categories.

Ty.

Edit: I guess this means even being able to see them (the boards) if they're assigned to only be shown to another group since when setting up boards you can say / tell SMF what groups are allowed access to it.

Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Arantor

Well, there's the manage boards permission which deals with that, add/edit/move/delete. It can't be split up and currently it's actually a security risk to give out to non admins anyway.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: ‽ on August 03, 2014, 04:23:46 PM
Well, there's the manage boards permission which deals with that, add/edit/move/delete. It can't be split up and currently it's actually a security risk to give out to non admins anyway.
It would be given to people I trust to help set up a redesign on a site.

It's for cats too ?

Edit: Security risk ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

Also, this is all I see under permissions.

Moderatte Board
QuoteThe moderate board permission adds a few small permissions that make a moderator a real moderator. Permissions include replying to locked topics, changing the poll expire time and viewing poll results.

Arantor

I didn't say 'moderate board'. I specifically said "manage boards", which is not a board level permission. It's in general permissions.

It covers categories and boards.

Security risk because by design you can use raw HTML in descriptions which includes the ability to insert JavaScript that can steal session details.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: ‽ on August 03, 2014, 04:33:38 PM
I didn't say 'moderate board'. I specifically said "manage boards", which is not a board level permission. It's in general permissions.
My bad, I see it now. I was looking at group permissions and not the add permission under general where all groups are initially shown.

Quote from: ‽ on August 03, 2014, 04:33:38 PM
Security risk because by design you can use raw HTML in descriptions which includes the ability to insert JavaScript that can steal session details.
Gotcha, well the two people I would be givin the permission to I trust enough to not do that but ty for explaining.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

At least in forum split mod, there is such a function. I am not sure whether it is safe and secured but it does limit subforums manager to their own category to manage. May be, you can learn from this mod?

Advertisement: