Bump topic

Started by Jade Elizabeth, August 04, 2014, 06:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

I'd like the ability to "bump" a topic....as in put it back into everyones unread lists without posting in it. I thought there was a mod for that but I can't find it!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Doing this is a scary hassle to fight with both unread tracking tables.

Biology Forums

So, you click a button called "bump", and automatically creates a post for that user saying "Bump"?

Branko.

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 04, 2014, 06:43:10 AM
...I thought there was a mod for that but I can't find it!
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517070.msg3685486#msg3685486

Important: This modification is outdated ( last update for 2.0 RC1.2) and can not be installed without errors in the latest versions.
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Shuban on August 04, 2014, 07:23:24 AM
So, you click a button called "bump", and automatically creates a post for that user saying "Bump"?

If I were willing to do that I would have done it. I want to bump it without people knowing I have bumped it :).

Quote from: Branko. on August 04, 2014, 06:18:52 PM
Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 04, 2014, 06:43:10 AM
...I thought there was a mod for that but I can't find it!
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517070.msg3685486#msg3685486

Important: This modification is outdated ( last update for 2.0 RC1.2) and can not be installed without errors in the latest versions.

Interesting, I will look into that :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Biology Forums

So this is like sort of cheating the date of the thread.

Jade Elizabeth

No it's just bumping it up and making people think there's a post. So an invisible post!

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Jade Elizabeth

There's no way to download that? I literally just spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out and I am completely lost :S.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 11, 2014, 08:25:27 PM
There's no way to download that? I literally just spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out and I am completely lost :S.

The website operates on credits which you have to purchase - pretty cool concept :)

Jade Elizabeth

Well it doesn't tell me how many credits it needs so that doesn't really help me lol. Also I am too poor to do that right now :(.

4Kstore

You only need one credit for download and You can receive credits for free if You won o points on The site

Steve

Quote from: 4Kstore on August 12, 2014, 09:07:10 AM... You won o points on The site ...

If you won how many points?
DO NOT pm me for support!

4Kstore

Steve

Ah, thanks. You'd typoed the amount originally so was looking for clarification. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Jade Elizabeth

Hmm okay I will look into it for sure :). Thank you!

Ahadawan

I would also love to see a bump topic mod shared on this site :)

For me it would be nice to see it jump up on the recent posts as well. I allow my users to bump threads (by just writing a new post) in just one particular board but they don't like to have multiple posts with just "bump" in their threads so some have even been asking for an 'important edit' bump type of function if they change the opening post.

Just thought I should reply as well to let anyone interested in making (and sharing) a mod on this site know that I would also greatly appreciate it. :)

Advertisement: