Facebook/Twitter/Social network login

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, August 06, 2014, 01:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

I meant that it's boring because every single forum has the same thing to be filled with data... Like username, pass, email and anti-spam... I find it boring and when I have to register to a trusty site I always use facebook integration (and then remove it :P ). I still think that the fact that smf doesn't have it is a HUGE cons for its use. I don't want and can't even change software but this at least sucks, among other things directly and not directly related to the software itself.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

AFAIK the only reason we don't add that is because it will be a nightmare to maintain, NOT because we are againts implementing it.

If someone wants to spend the rest of his/her life maintaining a script to keep up with all the extravaganzas facebook and twitter come up to just so you won't be boring... then go ahead I'll be waiting the PR at github :)

It always amazes me how easily people let facebook control their life, habits and whatnot, I also find it amazing how little consideration people have over they own privacy and personal data.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Undefined index: Privacy
Line: 1 - Life.php

Ninja ZX-10RR

I told you already that I already got your point, but it doesn't really matter to end-users. Someone shoud really do it anyway, almost all the Android apps that I download have FB implementation, it's crazy that a major software such as SMF doesn't. But anyway like I said I got your point already, no need to reiterate it.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

You say that you got the point....    except you keep bringing it up, and saying "I really think this is something that SMF should do"...   :P

So... find a mod author who is willing to support frequent, annoying changes to the APIs and get it done.
If he's really nice, he can donate the mod as an "official add-on"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I've been asked about this as a paid add-on because that's seriously the only way I'd contemplate doing it, is if people pay me for it (because then there's a valid reason for people to keep subscribing and thus paying me money)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on October 23, 2014, 11:22:51 AM
You say that you got the point....    except you keep bringing it up, and saying "I really think this is something that SMF should do"...   :P

So... find a mod author who is willing to support frequent, annoying changes to the APIs and get it done.
If he's really nice, he can donate the mod as an "official add-on"
Except I don't really care about your opinion, actually, since you proved me many times you totally ignore mine. I say what I said in the OP and I hope someone will do it because I feel it would help with the recent Facebook spread (that I mostly use as a chat to chat with friends).

Quote from: Arantor on October 23, 2014, 11:27:26 AM
I've been asked about this as a paid add-on because that's seriously the only way I'd contemplate doing it, is if people pay me for it (because then there's a valid reason for people to keep subscribing and thus paying me money)
You know that I never encourage to do things for free but this time I feel it should be implemented for free... But ok if that's your POV then fine, don't do it xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

So you never encourage me to do things for free... and then proceed to do *exactly* that. Congratulations.

Also... I wouldn't encourage anyone to do this for free because all it creates is a *massive* workload in support over time, with helping people configure these things, and in maintenance. Why would anyone create something only to generate many many many more hours of work afterwards (vastly more than it would actually take to implement the thing in the first place, in fact)

Ninja ZX-10RR

I would have liked totally different answers from totally different people but since it's not going to happen I will lock this.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: