[Free] Notifications from OP posts only

Started by teh elgee, August 07, 2014, 08:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teh elgee

I run a small board that has a variety of quests and such, and the request has been made for an option to be notified on new posts made only by the original poster. There is not, as far as I know, a setting like that in default, and the modifications site doesn't have anything like it either. An example; User A creates the topic, making the first post. Users B-N makes posts in the topic, then User A posts again. The forum would then send out notifications that User A had posted in the topic again.

Would it be a difficult thing to do? Ideally, I'd like to have the option to set it so that the user can select which form of notifications he activates per topic: OP only, or any replies to the thread.

margarett

It shouldn't be too hard to hack the notification function to do that, methinks

Good idea ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: margarett on August 07, 2014, 10:37:34 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to hack the notification function to do that, methinks

Good idea ;)
Margarett went to hack the notification function, methinks

*Ninja is sad because he needs a mod update from margarett xD*
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Actually not, I'm seriously out if time these days so it's impossible to either update the mod or hack this function :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

I would do it... If I knew how to do it

Well someone will eventually do it anyway IMO :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: