News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Preview - WIP] Gaming Theme

Started by SimpMode, August 07, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

This theme was meant for a customer but unfortunately his funding fell through. It was almost scrapped but I have enjoyed working on it so I have decided to follow through to the end.

The initial concept was a 3-in-1 theme due to his clan supporting CoD Advanced Warfare, Modern Warfare and Black Opps. It will have three different versions that can be changed in the header area for each clan member to use the theme that fits their division. Theme preference can also be set in profiles as well and in the admin section for that rare time when a forced change may be required.
There will be three different CSS files, one for each theme version but I am still working on the Advanced Warfare version so I have two more CSS files to write after it is complete.
Each version will be different colors with a full fixed wallpaper background for each division.

The Advanced Warfare version is designed by strict demand by the customer to have a basic, flat look. He was very specific with the current colors and I am too far along to change them. However the colors for the Modern Warfare and Black Opps versions are still undecided.

The layout is pretty much complete but there is still tons of work to do as far as CSS, images and icons. The customer is a friend so I did not require a down payment. Which means, this design will more than likely be up for sale when it is finished. With a few simple image changes the theme should be adaptable to fit most forum niches.

I will add more screens as I move along.

C&C all you desire.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

margarett

:o

B-U-T-FUL and out of the ordinary. Nice work ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ARG01

Thanks margarett. It will probably look better once I decide on a main background image.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: SimpMode on August 07, 2014, 10:44:27 PM
It will probably look better once I decide on a main background image.  ;)

I guess that's the reason that I thought that something was missing.
Very nice theme BTW

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Neekiinh0

Adaptamos themes de otras plataformas a SMF!
Contactame por MP o Skype: neekiinh0 para saber mas.

ARG01

I decided to change the layout a bit. Still lots to do.  ;)

ARG01

I have now added a background image to get a better idea of the final appearance. Keep in mind that it's a "fixed" background so it wont show all the way to the bottom in the screenshot.
I should have a live preview ready in a few days or so.

Biology Forums

^ This last version appears a lot more aggressive, which is what I'd like to see in a gaming forum, something that's in your face sort of effect.

ARG01

I keep changing things. I cant stop.  ;D

Biology Forums

Not noticing a major difference between the two images apart from links @ the top-right. I think the overall font needs to be a bit more 'blocky'. Arial won't cut it for this sort of community - too elegant. Just imagine the sort of client who would buy this theme. It definitely won't be a business-minded customer looking to expand a business of any sort; the customer will most likely be a teen who just started an online clan for Call of Duty.

ARG01

I highly doubt that a teen who just started an online clan for Call of Duty would be able to afford it. In most cases they seek a free theme and then spend the following year or two constantly making changes.

I am using a basic font for a reason. The current layout could suit various uses. With less than 10 very easy image changes (which I am willing to do for the buyer) the theme could be used for anything from a gaming forum to a hosting forum to a food/drink forum to a auto/motorcycle forum, etc. I am simply sticking with the gaming look as that is what I started with. Not to mention that changing the font is as easy as adding a font name to css.

When/if the completed project goes up for sale, it will come with PSD's, free tech support and free services (if desired) to switch it over to the new owners forum niche. Whoever buys it will have the look that they desire when the sale is final.  ;)

zapiy

I really like it fella..

You have my attention.
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

ARG01

Thanks. Trying to find time to finish it.  ;)

Edit: Finished and sold.

Advertisement: