Missing threads.... but still accessible via direct link.

Started by richwig83, August 09, 2014, 05:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richwig83

Hi.

One of the admins went on a cleaning spree and used the "Forum Maintenance - Remove Old Posts" function.

It crashed and now we are missing a few pages of threads in that particular board (rest of forum ok)

I can still access some of the thread in the board via direct link... but these threads do not show in the actual forum board.

Very strange..... any one got any ideas?

Thanks
Rich

Night09

Do you have a recent backup to roll back to or maybe he backed up before deleting? Also is the option used to recycle old posts to a specified hidden board maybe? Check around first if any of this is true  before doing anything drastic.

If some of the posts still exist they have to be somewhere to be shown. It may be database damage, go to your php admin and maybe run repairs direct on the database. Backup  before doing anything though.

richwig83

Quote from: Night09 on August 09, 2014, 05:47:52 PM
Do you have a recent backup to roll back to or maybe he backed up before deleting?

Sadly not... (wasnt my work i promise)

Also is the option used to recycle old posts to a specified hidden board maybe? Check around first if any of this is true  before doing anything drastic.

Not got one recent enough to be of much use

If some of the posts still exist they have to be somewhere to be shown. It may be database damage, go to your php admin and maybe run repairs direct on the database. Backup  before doing anything though.

I tried that, didnt seem to have much effect.

I found a work around though. The posts still appear under the "recent post" in peoples profiles, and once replied to they re-appear in the board

Rich

Illori

admin -> forum maintenance at the top of this page click find the repair any errors, that may help.

you could also ask your host if they could restore your database backup [if they have a backup].

Advertisement: