Additional Authors

Started by Diego Andrés, August 09, 2014, 07:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Hardcoded text (install.xml):
<label for="addAuthors">Additional authors: <input type="text" name="addAuthors" id="addAuthors" class="input_text">

NanoSector

Ups, left over from my testing. I'll fix it later.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Nice catch though it didn't throw any errors so nothing too bad anyway :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Zennia

Link the to GitHub doesn't work. I'm having issues with this not working. Probably a conflict with other mods. Is this still supported or is there somewhere I can go for help with this?

NanoSector

Quote from: Zennia on July 23, 2016, 02:37:42 PM
Link the to GitHub doesn't work. I'm having issues with this not working. Probably a conflict with other mods. Is this still supported or is there somewhere I can go for help with this?
Hi Zennia, I've created the repository for the mod. Please let me know what issues you are having!
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Zennia

thank you so much! I'll go over to Github then and let you know.

Big Game

Anyway to give standard members the ability to use this also?

Sigyn

I am using 2.0.12 forum version and I was attempting to add new authors to a post and it seems to not be working any longer. I had thought to uninstall the mod but several tests failed... I went into my FTP, found the files to edit and the areas it is missing aren't able to be found even for a manual uninstall.

I don't really want to get rid it; ideally I'd like for it to work again.

Here are the failed tests; two of them when I check to see what to remove are actually blank.

Code: (Find) [Select]
m.icon, m.approved,t.add_authors,

Code: (Replace) [Select]
m.icon, m.approved,

That line cannot be found in the file, the second two are blank and the third says
Code (find):
            'locked' => $topicOptions['lock_mode'] === null ? 'locked' : (int) $topicOptions['lock_mode'],
                                'add_authors' => $topicOptions['add_authors'] === null ? 'add_authors' : ('\'' . $topicOptions['add_authors'] . '\''),

Code (replace):
            'locked' => $topicOptions['lock_mode'] === null ? 'locked' : (int) $topicOptions['lock_mode'],

In the post.template but it's not there in the file requested either. Is there anything I can do to either fix this, or remove it?

jack001

I have upgraded from smf 2.0.15 to 2.1 beta4 but whenever i am trying to post new or save draft i am getting below error.

Field 'add_authors' doesn't have a default value
File: /*..*/Sources/SplitTopics.php
Line: 646

Can someone help me with this? No mods are installed but in 2.0.15 additional authors was installed.
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

GigaWatt

You should have uninstalled the mod before you did the upgrade.

And 2.1 is still in beta, it's not recommended for a production site.

That being said, if you'd still like to use 2.1 beta, you'll have to do the upgrade procedure again, but without the mod. Upload the backup before the 2.1 upgrade along with the database. Uninstall the mod and delete the mod file, then do the upgrade again.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Arantor

Uninstalling the mod would only be relevant if the option to remove all data was taken. As it turns out the person requesting help got help by me pointing out how to fix this without having to uninstall the mod by making the text column nullable so it wouldn't hurt anything else.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Arantor on June 27, 2018, 04:48:24 PM
Uninstalling the mod would only be relevant if the option to remove all data was taken.

I didn't know how the mod was written... I hoped it did this (as you pointed out in some of your previous posts, pointing out HelpDesk as an example of how to do things right).

In any case, glad the problem is sorted ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

jack001

Quote from: Arantor on June 27, 2018, 04:48:24 PM
Uninstalling the mod would only be relevant if the option to remove all data was taken. As it turns out the person requesting help got help by me pointing out how to fix this without having to uninstall the mod by making the text column nullable so it wouldn't hurt anything else.
Thanks to @arantor his method worked.
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Advertisement: