Stretch individual post area if image is wider

Started by Aaron10, August 11, 2014, 01:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron10

I have the ncode mod installed with enlarge mode enabled and works as intended:
http://www.final7fantasy.com/testforum/index.php/topic,8.msg59.html#msg59

Reason I'm posting here instead of the mod's support topic is because I'm wanting to hopefully be able to make it so that in the SMF code (probably display.template), is to, when the image is enlarged, instead of stretching and creating scrollbars at the bottom of the post, stretching the post area with it, the second post here for example:

This mod kinda does it but the image breaks out of the post area instead of having the post area wrapped around it (see screenshots):

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1769

So yeah, anyway to do this? Basically set a post area width % if an image is larger than it?

Ninja ZX-10RR

I think that asking the mod author would be better anyway. In the end he modified that piece of code so he certainly knows what he did and eventually how to modify it, don't you think? :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Aaron10

No because the mod doesn't do that, check the link I posted to see what the mod does. When it's clicked/enlarged the picture will show as it normally would in SMF: with the scroll bars at the bottom of the post. The code I need to change is in SMF, not in the mod.

Biology Forums

Off-topic, but very nice elegant theme you're using.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

It seems working to me just now. By the way that is not default theme. The best place to ask support regarding that theme is in its theme support page.

Aaron10

Quote from: Shuban on August 12, 2014, 11:21:37 PM
Off-topic, but very nice elegant theme you're using.

Thanks, it's Dilber 2.0 + I've made a lot of adjustments and installed a few mods, it's just basically this that I'm trying to get to work now.

Quote from: ahrasis on August 13, 2014, 02:00:44 AM
It seems working to me just now. By the way that is not default theme. The best place to ask support regarding that theme is in its theme support page.

Yeah the mod works fine, just want it to stretch beyond the forum.

Dilber 2.0 only has a few of it's own .template files and relies mostly on the default themes files, if the adjustments need are in display.template it'll be the same as doing it for the default them. Just basically need to set a % width if there's an image larger than the post area.

Arantor

Except the containers for posts are bounded primarily by the overall container, stretching out one will likely result in all other kinds of weirdness happening.

Aaron10

I was thinking that too, would need the container div to stretch with it.

Arantor

Aaron10

Yeah I might have to go with that then, at least for now.

So how would I do that for when the image is expanded beyond post area width?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I am not sure what you are aiming for. You could mod so that the image can pop up fill up the screen with slide or something rather than stretch it wider. But then, it is all up to you.

Advertisement: