News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Restore deleted menu items?

Started by samborabora, August 13, 2014, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samborabora

I used the menu button editor to delete the memberlist and its dropdowns, but I need to restore it. For some reason, the default menu items that are there by default have greyed out ids and names an seem quite important. How can I put it back exactly as it was? Are menu items stored in a duke or the database and where does menu button editor access the menu content for editing?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

It is normally in Subs.php. You can compare the default from installation package with yours to confirm the code.

Note: You might want to try Alternative Menu With Top Menu Icon & Button Remover to remove any button you think that is not needed for your site. It comes with Top Menu Icon now and works for SMF 2.0.x and 1.1.x.

samborabora

Hmm, how strange, it seems I didn't delete it at all, but thanks for recommending that, it looks really good. How does it generally compare to Menu Button Manager, which I'm currently using?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Kays mod is better of course. I just make a simple mod ;). To know the difference, you have to test it. I will try to allow adding /editing menu to my mod later.

Advertisement: