Is there a way to have photos auto scale in posts?

Started by lorrie, August 13, 2014, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorrie

When people post images in their posts, sometimes they are too large and you get the scroll bar to scroll the image in order to see it all. Is there a way to set the board to auto scale them down to fit?
Using SMF 2.0.11

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Features and Options -

Max width of posted pictures (0 = disable)   
Max height of posted pictures (0 = disable)
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

So true. That mod is meant for 2.0.x version. Sorry for that.

lorrie

Krash - sorry, that does not work, the images still have scroll bars below. Let me try to explain a bit better...

You know how when you grab the corner of your browser and resize it, how most content will resize to fit? This is what I'm trying to do. For example: you put a 1024 size image in a post and if the browser is smaller the image creates scroll bars, you maximize the browser and the scroll bars go away. I'm trying to figure out how to get the images in posts to auto resize DOWN in size, the maximum can be set via the settings you mentioned Krash, however you can't set it to resize automatically down. I notice this very prominently on say an IpAd, the forum scales down, however the pictures don't they just give a scroll bar.

Ahrasis - that mod is exactly what I am trying to achieve, I may have to think about upgrading to 2.0, which would mean I could not use MKPortal anymore, ugh.
Using SMF 2.0.11

Kindred

If you are still using mkportal, you should switch out anyway, since, last I heard, there are several known vulnerabilities and mkportal is not receiving any updates, security or otherwise.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: lorrie on August 14, 2014, 07:16:24 PM
Ahrasis - that mod is exactly what I am trying to achieve, I may have to think about upgrading to 2.0, which would mean I could not use MKPortal anymore, ugh.
I'd prefer you upgrade. We have plenty of portal mods for SMF 2.0 and other important mods are readily available too. ;)

Advertisement: