News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Trying to upgrade 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 error

Started by TrezE, August 14, 2014, 05:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrezE

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Use full upgrade package then. It will cover that.

Otherwise, do modify the related lines manually.

Illori

you should only use the large upgrade package as a last resort as it will remove all your installed mods.

TrezE

Did I just get 2 conflicting responses?

Or am I not understanding?

NanoSector

Try manually performing the instruction that fails. Or attach the file here if that fails so we can have a poke around.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

Basically, it's VERY likely that your files have already been modified, by some mod, or other.

So, you have two options, as I see it.

One-You can go ahead with the upgrade, ignoring the errors, and make the failed edits, yourself (Which CAN be a bit problematic).

Two-You can do the large upgrade. That WILL mean that your mods won't be installed. But, they should still be in Package Manager. So, you'll just need to reinstall them.

Whatever you do, read my sig, before you attempt either option, won't you? ;) (Click it, for the "How to").

Ninjad! :P

NanoSector

A large upgrade is probably overkill in this case though. If the edit can be done manually there's no reason to throw everything overboard.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

Oh, I agree. :)

But, some people find manual edits difficult to do.

NanoSector

Which is why I offered to try the edits and attach the file if that fails ;)

Quote from: NanoSector on August 14, 2014, 06:22:10 AM
Try manually performing the instruction that fails. Or attach the file here if that fails so we can have a poke around.
That's a kind offer. So OP, you can attach the files here instead of making a full upgrade. Yoshi is offering that he will help you updating instead... ;)

NanoSector

I already made the edits, the OP PMed me his FTP details :)
He applied the mod fine after that, so his forum should be updated.

TrezE

NanoSector was kind enough to help me, he solved the problem 100%.    Good guy!

Thank you

kat

He's a good lad. Don't let anyone tell you any different. :)

Advertisement: