iain sherriff

Can this box/option  be removed ?

thanks
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

Sure... Edit registration.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iain sherriff

SMF 2.0.12

iain sherriff

...............and to remove this link ?

I have tried removing the icon image. Which template is this on please
SMF 2.0.12

iain sherriff

is there a "map" that tells me this type of thing ?
SMF 2.0.12

Ninja ZX-10RR

In order to disable that icon you should turn off the possibility to receive emails from other members (account settings) or either if you want to disable just the icon I would suggest you to replace the icon with a transparent one with the size of 1px*1px even though this would leave that possibility enabled...

Quick tip, in "good" browsers (such as Mozilla, Chrome, Maxthon (mine), Tor...) there is the chance to press "inspect element" and see where it comes from or what rules he follows (css for instance).
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

iain sherriff

Thanks. We want to disable any member using email
SMF 2.0.12

Ninja ZX-10RR

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3598 this should do the trick then :D

EDIT: (currently installed and working on my 2.0.8 )
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

or edit display.template.php

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iain sherriff

Thanks both  :)

spoiled for choice now  :)
SMF 2.0.12

Ninja ZX-10RR

Except that if you do that it would actually leave the function and just hide it, but if someone uses the direct url to it (like http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=emailuser;sa=email;msg=394309) he would be able to use it anyhow :P
If you use this mod instead you would get an error while trying to send the aforementioned email.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

iain sherriff

did you do a manual install ?
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

except that mod does not remove the icon from the display.template.php mini-profile...
it doesn't remove the email option from the profile either...

Actually, that mod doesn't do most of what iain asked for ...
it just removes the ABILITY to SET the option "allow users to email me"
Слaва
Украинi

iain sherriff

and I already manually removed that link from Reg.template.

OK, display template it is....................
SMF 2.0.12

Ninja ZX-10RR

No custom edits on this one. It installed fine with no errors with a lot more mods already installed at the time (now they are these and working, though I had to do some custom edits for a few of them, not in this case :) )

Quote from: Kindred on August 20, 2014, 08:34:55 AM
it just removes the ABILITY to SET the option "allow users to email me"
and
Quote from: iain sherriff on August 20, 2014, 07:08:46 AM
...............and to remove this link ?
they are the same thing in this case... He asked to
Quote from: iain sherriff on August 20, 2014, 08:05:47 AM
disable any member using email
and the mod is "Disable EMail-sending for users" - exactly what he asked for. :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

actually... Ninja... no.... that mod does NOT disable the sending...
It might CLAIM to do so...  but look at the file edits...   
it does not change anything in the database to set the "do not allow users to email"
it does not make any code edits which would disable the sending... 
it does not remove the icon which triggers the send screen....

Слaва
Украинi

Ninja ZX-10RR

Indeed I thought about it and you are right parsing the code proves it, but removing that ability everywhere is better than removing it just in the topic view isn't it? No one would be able to discover its existence at all ;) also if a mod can do it automatically for you, why editing manually? :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

iain sherriff

edited the template.....thanks
SMF 2.0.12

Mstcool

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 20, 2014, 08:57:24 AM
Indeed I thought about it and you are right parsing the code proves it, but removing that ability everywhere is better than removing it just in the topic view isn't it? No one would be able to discover its existence at all ;) also if a mod can do it automatically for you, why editing manually? :P

So that, when your forum messes up, at least you know what code messed up your forum. If a mod edited your codes, and your forum messed up, y'all gotta find the codes and then fix em.

Kindred won this round.

Kindred VS Ninja ZX-10RR
1:0

Hehe. :p

Ninja ZX-10RR

*shrug*

No need to win or lose as long as the user is happy with what he achieved. Plus, everyone can make mistakes and learn from anybody else, it happened this but also many times I have been listened myself so I'm just glad to help anyhow.
Your comment anyway was kinda flame, useless, not required and also off-topic if you don't mind ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: