News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Database Error

Started by andrewill, August 18, 2014, 02:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewill

Well,

when I tried to access my forums, error message came up.

"Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."

Also, When I try To View Someones Profile

"Unknown column 'bg.name' in 'field list'
File: /home/FTPUSERNAME/public_html/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 399"

How do fix this? :S

Kindred

smf version?
mods installed?
URL?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

andrewill

Plenty.
www.produo-gaming.tk

Kindred

plenty is not a useful answer

Assuming your database connection information in Settings.php is correct, your issue would likely be due to a mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

andrewill

Kindred

well seeing as how I normally post form a mobile device, that is less than useful as well...   Why can't you paste a list of the mods as text into a post?
Слaва
Украинi

andrewill

Mod Name   Version   
1.   @mention members   1.1.2   
2.   SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum   2.0 
3.   User Control Panel By Alan S   2.2 
4.   Custom Copyright   1.0.4     
5.   Ultimate Profile   0.9.1     
6.   Downloads System   2.1a   
7.   Welcome Topic Mod   2.2 
8.   Button 1 Menu Extender for 6 custom buttons mod   1.0     
9.   Remove Help From Menu   1.0 
10.   Default Avatar   2.3     
11.   SMF Staff Page   1.7 
12.   Menu Buttons   1.1
13.   Better Profile Menu   1.1 
14.   Group Color in Posts and Profile   1.4     
15.   Advance Fake Guests n Users Online (fguo)   1.0     
16.   Effectively Remove SMF Logo   2.0   
17.   6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus (4)   0.5
18.   MCLegendII RC1   3.0     
19.   Additional Membergroups on Profile   1.2     
20.   Alternate User Posting   1.0.1 
21.   SMFShop   3.3.1 
22.   Caps_Lock_Detection_on_Login   1.1.0.2 
23.   Stars to Profile

Kindred

Well, I don't see anything obvious...

but I see that you have 3 mods that essentially modify the profile layout in the same areas...   
3,5 and 13 in your list will probably conflict with each other.

you also have 8, 9, 12 and 17 which do the same sort of things...

I suspect that your database error may be related to one of those menu conflicts.
Слaва
Украинi

andrewill

Well I was examining PHPmyAdmin and found this.

SMF_Ban_Groups
SMF_Log_Banned
SMF_Ban_Items

They are all erased. Would this be effecting the database? And how can I fix it.
I'm noobish when It comes to these.
Here's a picture

kat

The mods that you have... Did you recently install one?

Or, did you do anything else, just before this error manifested itself?

andrewill

No.

But one of our admin accounts was cracked tho but he has only changed the usergroups and all, nothing else.

And Could It Be The PHPmyAdmin? Cause I deleted the rows. I know, stupid of me.

kat

EEK! Got a backup you could import those from?

andrewill

Not really and none were banned too. :"(

kat

Heck... OK. When this started happening, something must've been done, just beforehand. Like, say, a mod got installed? Something like that.

Any ideas? That 'bg.name' thing is from a mod. Which one, is gonna take a lot of detective work... I'd assume, logically, that it was the last one (Or near as dammit).

andrewill

Is there a way to fix this?

I removed the ones which customizes the profile menu. Nothing changed. :"(

kat

If your host doesn't have a backup, the only thing that I can think of, at the moment, is this:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

andrewill

Well, If I setup a new file and link the database to my old one, would all the members and stuff remain?

kat

Although that page has been severely butchered, since I wrote it, this is still there:

QuoteOnce done, your forum will be in a virgin state, software-wise. All of your members, posts, etc. will be intact. However, none of your mods will be installed now. They will, fortunately, still be in Package Manager. From there, you can either apply/install them, or delete them, as you desire. Any of your mod's settings that are stored in the database will be retained and still be usable when the mod is reinstalled.

:)

andrewill

So, I can do that and I wont lose anything (Members, Topics, Boards. etc ) except mods?

Or am I being stupid again? P:

PS;- Just making sure cause I don't want to regret this. P:

kat

You've got it. :)

As it says, the mod'll still be there, in Packages. They'll just need to be reinstalled. But, anything "Database", to do with mods, will still be there, too. So, not many should need configuring, after they're installed.

Advertisement: