News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Additional Membergroups Stars/Badges SMF 2.0.8

Started by Tommy-G, August 18, 2014, 08:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

ok, next step is to make sure that your members have any of those member groups as secondary.

¿Does your members have any of those groups you specified as secondary?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Tommy-G

Is there an option that says to make the group secondary specifically? Or do u mean is the user within both groups? I'be got the users In their primary plus their post-based

Suki

An user needs to have a group you specified as secondery otherwise it will not show up.  You can give any user an additional group if you modify that users account.

The wiki should have some more info about adding secondary membergroups.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Tommy-G

Okay, I see what you're talking about and it works well now! Thanks a bunch.

The only issue I see is it makes the post-based groups primary, and the assigned groups additional. Is there a way to make the post-based groups the additional membergroups so the assigned group can remain primary?

Suki

mmm, by default I don't think there is a way to do that, could be wrong, haven't see the membergroups logic in a while.

Tommy-G

Thanks for all your help. I think i'll just stick with the display.php for the rank re-position! Less important assigned membergroups can apply with this method for me as well.  :)

I truly truly appreciate all your help and patience, thank you very much. 

Suki

Sure NP. Still had to do the edits on Profile and Message, will do that when I have some time or tomorrow, if I haven't done so, give me a nudge.

Tommy-G

Suki

OK, heres the PersonallMessages.template.php file, I wasn't sure how do you exactly want to modify the Profile part so I didn't edited that file.

Tommy-G

Thanks tons, Suki!

Do you mean for how they'll display in profile tabs? Is it a necessity for making them appear within profiles? They look alright as they stand.

Suki

No, I mean how do you want to show the aditional membergroups on the profile page.

Tommy-G

Sorry about the late reply, Suki. Been operating from a cell phone for a few days but i'm back now.

On profile pages it can be done in groups above the avatar. Such as:

Administrator
*stars/badges*

Group #2:
*stars/badges*

and so on, if that's possible i'd appreciate it very much.

Advertisement: