News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Reset Password Is Not Sending E-mail

Started by aerolite, August 18, 2014, 09:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolite

Hi, my SMF Reset password is not sending e-mail.

I tried both PHP(default) and smtp in mail type but they are not sending a confirmation message for reset password. This is not a problem with my mailing server as I tried to make a php file in the same server my smf forum is located and it sends e-mail perfectly fine. The following are the code I used
Quote<?php
$subject = "This is my subject";
$message = "This is my message";
$from = "[email protected]";
mail("[email protected]",$subject,$message,"From: $from\n");
echo "Email has been sent.";
?>

This sends an e-mail to [email protected] no problem.

Another method that I tried was smtp, I could send/receive e-mail from [email protected] set up in outlook, but does not work either in my smf.

青山 素子

Yahoo! recently (as of July) set some rules on their servers that block any servers but theirs from sending mail using the yahoo.com domain. You will either need to configure your system to send mail through Yahoo!'s servers or use a different sending address.

For your domain's mail system, you will need to check that you entered everything correctly and that the mail server you are using for sending supports SMTP authentication over port 25 without SSL/TLS.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

aerolite

Quote from: 青山 素子 on August 19, 2014, 11:11:11 AM
Yahoo! recently (as of July) set some rules on their servers that block any servers but theirs from sending mail using the yahoo.com domain. You will either need to configure your system to send mail through Yahoo!'s servers or use a different sending address.

For your domain's mail system, you will need to check that you entered everything correctly and that the mail server you are using for sending supports SMTP authentication over port 25 without SSL/TLS.

How can I change the yahoo.com e-mail address using PHP(default) in kloxo? I remember I done it somewhere in my server but I can't remember.

In outlook, my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication without SSL encryption to send e-mail. Is this done in smf when I fill in the fields for
SMTP server SMTP port SMTP username SMTP password?

It's weird that I used the exact settings I used for Microsoft outlook and SMF. However, only the microsoft outlook is sending outgoing e-mail.

青山 素子

Quote from: aerolite on August 20, 2014, 01:03:26 AM
How can I change the yahoo.com e-mail address using PHP(default) in kloxo? I remember I done it somewhere in my server but I can't remember.

For sending from SMF at least, it's in the "Server Settings" screen in the admin area.

In outlook, my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication without SSL encryption to send e-mail. Is this done in smf when I fill in the fields for
SMTP server SMTP port SMTP username SMTP password?

Yes, it is. If you need to use SSL encryption, you have to do things a bit differently.

It's weird that I used the exact settings I used for Microsoft outlook and SMF. However, only the microsoft outlook is sending outgoing e-mail.

That is strange. Are you sure that the settings are indeed correct in SMF? Your client may be using encryption.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: