News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[FREE] Points Mod with differences

Started by sarahwhite42, August 19, 2014, 12:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahwhite42

I don't have a lot of money, but if necessary, i can afford a small cost to get this mod for our site.  If you want paid, please pm me with the cost of getting this mod so I can see if i can afford it.

Version
SMF 2.0.8

Description
I've looked at both the SMF Shop and SMF Points mods and I would love to get something in between the two.  I don't need the shop system at all, but I would like to have admins able to edit point totals so that people can "buy" things (like subforums) from an admin and have their point count altered to show the reduction (available on SMF shop) or reward them for something by bumping their point total (also available on SMF shop).  I've tried to be more clear below.

Permissions
I want only admins to be able to change the point total, or mess with the settings in any way. 

Feature Set
Certain membergroups receive x points for posting replies.
Certain membergroups receive x points for posting new topics.
Certain boards are exempt from adding points.
Admins can modify (add and reduce) each person's point total manually.
Points total to show up under avatar on profile view and in threads.

Branko.

Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

sarahwhite42

that's not quite what i'm looking for.  I don't want other people to be able to give points.  I'm hoping they can auto accumulate with users posting.  Basically something like SMF points, but where admins can add and remove points.  And if possible be able to decide which boards count towards points and which don't (kind of like the "Count posts" option when making a new board)

Branko.

Why? Read carefully description:
Quote from: sarahwhite42 on August 19, 2014, 03:40:31 PM
.. they can auto accumulate with users posting..
- You can configure X quantity of points that users will receive for create a theme
- You can configure X quantity of points that users will receive for answer a theme
..if possible be able to decide which boards count towards points and which don't..
- You can configure on which boards the system will not work.
..where admins can add and remove points..
- You can edit the total points and the remaining of each user in their profile.
I don't want other people to be able to give points.
- You can disable permission to give points for each user group.

Note: You can activate and deactivate, completely or parcially all the characteristics from the administration.

sarahwhite42

i willa ssume tha t"themes" means threads.  but there are three problems. 

1. the lite version doesn't have any of those settings except for create
2. the full version links to a page in spanish and i only speak enlish.
3. when trying to install the lite version on smf 2.0.8 there were test failures

Branko.

Ask author (4Kstore), all answers (lite and full version) you can find in Support and comments for this mod

sarahwhite42

can anyone come up with a mod that only does this and not all the other stuff? 

margarett

Being brutally honest, it would be wiser to pick whatever there is right now and adapt it to your needs. Most of what you require can already be accomplished by that mod, I assume whatever is missing can also be done.

The thing is, there aren't that many coders out there actively developing complex mods. A mod that only suits your specific needs, even less likely. For free, well, chances are slim to none...

So please take Branko's advice and use the mod support topic to clarify whatever questions you still have ;)

Good luck ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

sarahwhite42

i would gladly do so, but he has told people to contact him if they can't download the full version.  I've done so and received no response.  So we are still looking for this mod, and if someone can do it at a low cost, we can see if we can come up with the money.  We just need a price pm'ed to me please

Branko.

Off topic  >:(
1. Downloads for Credits System-Explanation English
2. From where buy credits? choose 1 credit=2,5$ then click Comprar (Buy) and you will be redirected to the PayPal

Advertisement: