News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

multiple IP addresses in a ban list

Started by hani_l, August 20, 2014, 06:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hani_l

Hello everyone, what I am asking is pretty basic stuff but I can not figure it out. I need to ban 10-15 IP addresses and they are not close to each other (I mean I can not use ranges). do I have to create 15 separate band list or there is a way to add multiple IP addresses to one ban list something like (x.x.x.x;y.y.y.y) or (x.x.x.x,y.y.y.y)  I did try both but they don't work. is there any other way to do this ?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hi and welcome to SMF! :D

I suggest you to take a look at this, I have just updated it: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524146.0 ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

hani_l

thanks man, that helped a lot (if I can get write permissions on that directory this will be the best solution)

Ninja ZX-10RR

You're welcome :D anyway the .htaccess file should be placed in your root folder in order to make it work properly, especially if your forum folder is not in the root but in a subfolder.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

byproduct

htaccess can be really handy

i tend to use htaccess 2 & 3 levels deep

but it can be a hazard if you mess up

and if you get to liking it to much, it can bog down ya site

like a 4m htaccess blocking every non-us CIDR lol
real pain in the neck!

Ninja ZX-10RR

Agreed. Always be careful while using CIDR notations as you could ban *LOTS* of computers in a second by mistake >_<

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: