News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

index.php views as a blank page

Started by davegior, August 21, 2014, 06:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davegior

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 21, 2014, 08:54:19 PM
Nice, not many people did it. Thumbs up :) and glad you sorted it simply deleting the cache, even though some issues are still up to your host anyway...

Thanks Ninja. Yeah, I agree. I've been with this host for 6 years and was happy until now. I had some really bad hosting prior with a lot of down time.

davegior

Quote from: ‽ on August 21, 2014, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: davegior on August 21, 2014, 08:49:32 PM
Quote from: ‽ on August 21, 2014, 08:48:25 PM
That also sounds like you're not on the current 2.0.8 release.

I updated to 2.0.8 the day it came out.

Interesting because the error that you just fixed shouldn't be possible to have occurred in the first place...

What's up with that?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ‽ on August 21, 2014, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: davegior on August 21, 2014, 08:49:32 PM
Quote from: ‽ on August 21, 2014, 08:48:25 PM
That also sounds like you're not on the current 2.0.8 release.

I updated to 2.0.8 the day it came out.

Interesting because the error that you just fixed shouldn't be possible to have occurred in the first place...
Shouldn't... And what if the host misconfigured the server and corrupting the cache somehow?

Quote from: davegior on August 21, 2014, 09:00:32 PM
Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 21, 2014, 08:54:19 PM
Nice, not many people did it. Thumbs up :) and glad you sorted it simply deleting the cache, even though some issues are still up to your host anyway...

Thanks Ninja. Yeah, I agree. I've been with this host for 6 years and was happy until now. I had some really bad hosting prior with a lot of down time.
You're welcome :) truth must be said :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Precisely my point. There was a bug in the cache saving code that meant under certain circumstances it would save an invalid chunk which would cause errors.

I rewrote it... a couple of versions ago?

I would be very sceptical about blaming the host if clearing the cache mysteriously fixed it.

Advertisement: