News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

html or CSS code?

Started by Jeremy M., August 21, 2014, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy M.

What's the line to add notes to the top of codes, but that doesn't show up on pages? I'm using dreamweaver and i'm trying to keep my codes seperated and marked so I will not what they are for.

/*ADD NOTE HERE*/

it's something like that, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is.

Jeremy M.

Nevermind, i had it written down. . lol

<!-------------------------------------------------------->

Kindred

You should not be using dreamweaver to edit php files.
Get a decent txt editor like ultraedit, notepad++ or context
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ARG01

I have been using Dreamweaver since it's birth for all of my code work. Never had an issue yet. May I ask why we  should not be using dreamweaver to edit php files?
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Jeremy M.

Quote from: SimpMode on August 21, 2014, 11:11:47 PM
I have been using Dreamweaver since it's birth for all of my code work. Never had an issue yet. May I ask why we  should not be using dreamweaver to edit php files?

That's what i'm saying. DW is easy for me to use with .php files. All the codes are color coordinated, which makes them easier to find.

Justyne

Dreamweaver is okay, but if you are working with PHP never leave code view and don't use the code generating functions. That is likely why kindred is advising against it.

If you, say, open a template and try to move around elements in the WYSIWYG editor it will likely produce something that is coded in a very inefficient way if it works at all.

I use dreamweaver too on occasion as it's just faster for certain things (like making an image map work for example), but you kinda need to think about how to use it to not run into issues.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Justyne on August 22, 2014, 03:49:49 AM
Dreamweaver is okay, but if you are working with PHP never leave code view and don't use the code generating functions. That is likely why kindred is advising against it.

If you, say, open a template and try to move around elements in the WYSIWYG editor it will likely produce something that is coded in a very inefficient way if it works at all.

I use dreamweaver too on occasion as it's just faster for certain things (like making an image map work for example), but you kinda need to think about how to use it to not run into issues.

ohhhh, ok. . i'm not working with php. . i'm using it for css and html

Justyne

It's okay with that. However, for that too take a look at what happens in code view. Auto generation has some funny behaviours.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Kindred

and all three of the text editors tat I mentioned also validate and colorize the coding....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on August 22, 2014, 06:03:13 AM
and all three of the text editors tat I mentioned also validate and colorize the coding....

Starting out years ago, i was using NVU, and komPozer. .. LOL   Ya'll are right though, Dreamweaver, can do some pretty crazy things. . . But I can deal with it. I have to have the split view to see what it's gonna look like anyway. I can't just code and be done with it.

Advertisement: