Please help............I'm stuck with adding a userarea

Started by iain sherriff, August 22, 2014, 06:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain sherriff

Hi.
I need help please.

I have posted in the theme cat http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=434606.msg3733804#msg3733804

and I can't get response from the theme owner or smfdesigns forum.

you can  see that theme as I have it (WIP) at  studiodance.co.uk/smf

I want to add "Hi *username*" to the header area, probably under the logo but I have ground to a halt trying to find what to add where

Most appreciative of any help :)
SMF 2.0.12

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

It is a paid / member only theme. You will get support at their own theme site, that is if the first condition is met.

iain sherriff

but I can't get any answer to registering on the forum and it hasn't been used since March...............
SMF 2.0.12

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

The point is, not everybody get access to that theme since it is a paid / member only theme. So, without actually going through the theme code, we definitely cannot advise on how to do it.

iain sherriff

OK, thanks. I understand that.
guess I'll just pay the $6 first and see if I get any contact that way..................................
SMF 2.0.12

Develope

(1) open index.template.php file in your theme folder with an editor (probably notepad++)
(2) find: <div id="mainarea">
(3) right after this add:

<div id="upper_section" class="middletext">
<div class="user">';
// If the user is logged in, display stuff like their name, new messages, etc.
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{
if (!empty($context['user']['avatar']))
echo '
<p class="avatar">', $context['user']['avatar']['image'], '</p>';
echo '
<ul class="reset">
<li class="greeting">', $txt['hello_member_ndt'], ' <span>', $context['user']['name'], '</span></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>
                                  </ul>';
        }
         echo' </div>
         </div>

(4) open the index.css file in your theme folder in a editor and then add all classes and ids and style it the way you want. Look at this if you dont know how to style:
w3schools.com/css/ [nofollow]

iain sherriff

Thank you.
I have paid for the theme but still had no response.
SMF 2.0.12

Advertisement: