News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] - Yellow: Highligh Package On Hover SMF 1.1.x & 2.0.x

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 23, 2014, 03:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

By default SMF uses windowbg and windowbg2 for its package browse and installed list. But I sometimes cannot see its line properly when install, uninstall or delete. And due to that I may end up clicking install/uninstall/delete on wrong package instead of the one I intended. This WIP mod will turn your package line yellow on hover, so you can be certain in your action you want to install/uninstall/delete a package.

A test package with images is attached for public viewing and testing.

This test package will be removed once this mod is approved by SMF Customization Team and this thread will then be locked and link to the approved mod package and its support topic will be provided as usual.

Thanking you in advance for testing / using it.

live627

SMF has a dedicated class for highlighting table rows that you can use - it's a darkish blue and is called highlight2

Thank you for highlighting it. I noted it is #d1e1ef under class highlight2. I will use that matching color and rename this package instead then.

Another package using highlight2 class color (#d1e1ef). It is not noticeable but suitable for those who doesn't like yellow. But after testing both, I'd prefer yellow color for the highlight as I realize need to make it obvious.

Seems it is not so difficult, I add support to SMF version 1.1.x as well. Packaged mod attached.

Noted: This is not yet approved by SMF Customization Team. Use with care.

Antes

I suggest adding a setting with default (yellow) value. So people can change for their themes if needed.

That is a very good idea and is very much doable. It will however need me to add some extra mod settings to the package. I will add that up for sure soon.

Antes

Use hooks, you can add one setting to Mics part with hooks :)

I am thinking of upgrading some of my mods to using that "hook things". I know that is currently the SMF ways and will be so in the future. But I am still experimenting them. When I am more comfortable, I will add them up on all my current and future mods for sure. ;)

Ok. Package 1.0.1

For 2.0.x - Fully using hook. No file edit.
For 1.1.x - As usual but will require Enhanced Mod Settings Page mod to be pre-installed (EMSPv100.zip is attached as well).

Great news. I have just received a message that this mod is approved. I will update the mod package in mod page with the latest version I have soonest I am freer. In the meantime, this topic is locked as usual. All the mod packages in here will also be removed later.

Advertisement: