[TIPS / TRICKS] Create Android App For Your Forum

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 24, 2014, 12:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitsme

Quote from: gvill on February 04, 2015, 07:45:16 AM
Thank you for this tutorial !
I managed to get an apk but i can't launch it on my HTC (Android 2.3), it starts but seems to crash few seconds later. Do you think my android version might be the problem?
Thanks !
did you sign it or you're using the debug version?

hitsme

i used this tutorial works on 2.2 you probably didn't sign it ,

i want that when someone clicks on the activation link it should open with my app & not with the browser

the app should create a cookie and when ever the forum is accessed via the app it should load with the reseller theme otherwise with the default theme

MetalFox

Is there anyway to make this run with more apis? If possible newer ones. I managed to run it but with a bit old one. Thank you

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Ok. We already talk about this on my FB and you managed to resolve this your own.

JF3000

Do you still use Eclipse or did you move onto something more robust, since eclipse isn't that user friendly when it comes to Android Apps. Did you check out Android Studio?

Still will eclipse as I am not used to Android Studio yet.

anti-matter

thanks works a treat
how would I add a background picture?
regards

Xpresskonami

nend

It should almost look like your site, I say almost depending on the API level. If you are running it on a lower API, some newer standards might not work. However I created a Lollipop webview recently and it still didn't rendered everything correctly.

I would recommend to not go this route unless you want to make a app that interacts with the data and not just display a webpage in webview.

The best method IMHO is to use the web app capable meta attribute and add a manifest to it for a mobile optimized page. This is method I currently deploy.
https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/android/installtohomescreen

It all depends on your forum whether it is capable of being fully mobile responsive.

Quote from: nend on April 26, 2016, 08:40:08 PM
I would recommend to not go this route unless you want to make a app that interacts with the data and not just display a webpage in webview.

Quote from: ahrasis on August 24, 2014, 12:59:50 AMReally, it will be nice if you have your own app for your forum though it will not be an advanced version that have notification etc.

Technologx

I know this topic is old but how do I go about adding a splashscreen to this and the ability for users to upload and download from within the app?

Users ability to upload and download depends on your forum and not on the app.

peterwaalker

Please  need to see an example forum app created from this example as tutored by the original poster.

peterwaalker

Thanks for this great tutorial. i have successfully followed your direction without having any errors.

1. How do i add a splash screen image so that even without internet connection users can still see the forum image/banner?
2. I used android studio to train on this tutorial, how do i possibly finalize and make all these coding to myforum.apk file?
3. Can i add some other tabs on splash screen and possibly do that without error?

It should be possible to wrap the files as your own app i.e. yourforum.apk using android studio. Just create a simple app using it, then modify it accordingly. It should be possible to create a splash screen but that you have to learn it on your own.

Advertisement: