News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A Little Bit of Theme Discussion

Started by Jade Elizabeth, August 21, 2014, 03:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: SimpMode on August 13, 2014, 11:35:32 AM
I have two themes similar to that (bottom of page). With just a few changes you could probably get the look that you desire.

Not to mention that the original designer of the theme in your example has many that you may like.  ;)

OMG Why are these not on the theme site?! I've never seen those before I am so upset!! These are AWESOME I wish I found them sooner.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

ARG01

QuoteOMG Why are these not on the theme site?! I've never seen those before I am so upset!! These are AWESOME I wish I found them sooner.

Thanks. The reason why I do not submit my themes to the theme site is simple. I prefer to handle all theme support at my own site rather than another.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Jade Elizabeth

Well can't you submit them and then put in the description SUPPORT HERE ONLY <LINK> and then reply to the topic as SUPPORT ONLY HERE?

Hell I am sure a team member would lock it with a message to seek support elsewhere!

We need amazing themes like this on SMF to showcase how amazing SMF can be! :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Kindred

yeah... we could do that.
It's one of the goals of the new customization site to make things like that even easier....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ARG01

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 21, 2014, 08:41:21 PM
Well can't you submit them and then put in the description SUPPORT HERE ONLY <LINK> and then reply to the topic as SUPPORT ONLY HERE?

Hell I am sure a team member would lock it with a message to seek support elsewhere!

It's a little more complicated. Unfortunately the majority of my themes do not meet up to the Customization approval guidelines. Some have built in functions (Hard Coded Text) for specific customizations.
I also like to include any PSD's (Excessive Files) in the package download as opposed to separate downloads.
Both of these are direct violations of the Customization approval guidelines.

;)

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Jade Elizabeth

I'd prefer PSDs seperate myself. Also would prefer a themestrings than hard coded text :/.

live627

Quote from: SimpMode on August 22, 2014, 10:32:07 AM
Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 21, 2014, 08:41:21 PM

It's a little more complicated. Unfortunately the majority of my themes do not meet up to the Customization approval guidelines. Some have built in functions (Hard Coded Text) for specific customizations.
I also like to include any PSD's (Excessive Files) in the package download as opposed to separate downloads.
Both of these are direct violations of the Customization approval guidelines.

;)

Extra functions are hard coded text? whaaa...?

ARG01

Quote from: live627 on August 23, 2014, 08:27:50 AM
Extra functions are hard coded text? whaaa...?

Actually I stated "Some have built in functions (Hard Coded Text) for specific customizations." A good example would be my Mode Blue theme. Going by past experience of my very first attempt at submitting a theme, I know that the 3 column footer area would not pass the Customization approval guidelines.

But, I have a feeling that we are hijacking the OP's topic. Perhaps any further discussion on this should take place elsewhere.  :D

Jade Elizabeth

Your diversion theme I really loved but the hover on the menu items is a killer. I hate how you hover and then the sides of the text expand (it's not just there automatically, well it is for some). That's awful ha ha. Otherwise it's pretty sweet!!

I'd suggest you look into meeting the theme guidelines because it is really great practice - and it will help you out quite a bit in support. When someone asks where the text for the footer of Blue Mode is you can say "in themestrings.english.php" and not have to explain it's 1000 lines into index.template.php. Not to mention if I have 3 or more languages I can translate it so much easier so I can use it on my forum for French, German, and Klingon for example. It's nicer for everyone :D.

ARG01

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 23, 2014, 08:57:57 PM
Your diversion theme I really loved but the hover on the menu items is a killer. I hate how you hover and then the sides of the text expand (it's not just there automatically, well it is for some). That's awful ha ha....

I am not sure what you mean? Nothing seems to expand on my end.

Jade Elizabeth

Try the admin panel :)

The links that go across for subsections... like in themes there's member options. theme settings, etc

ARG01

I see. I actually meant to take care of that before release.  ;)

Find:
.dropmenu li a.firstlevel:hover,
.dropmenu li:hover a.firstlevel         {
                                            background: #428096;
                                            color: #fff;
                                            cursor: pointer;
                                            text-decoration: none;
                                        }

Replace:
.dropmenu li a.firstlevel:hover,
.dropmenu li:hover a.firstlevel         {
                                            background: #428096;
                                            color: #fff;
                                            cursor: pointer;
                                            text-decoration: none;
    transition: none;
                                        }

Jade Elizabeth

Awesome, that will make it much better, thank you! :D

Advertisement: