News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic Created Date

Started by Kimmie, August 25, 2014, 02:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

Is there a mod that lets you see when a topic was created without actually having to go into the topic? Perhaps one that adds another column to topic view, or one that adds that info under the thread title? I looked through the mods but wasn't sure what to even search for. The few I found pertained to things like showing registration date on your post, which isn't really what I am looking for.

Thanks.

Chalky

There's something in the Tips & Tricks board that I implemented on ChalkCat. I'm on my mobile at the moment but I'll see if I can find it for you when I'm back on my computer if you don't find it in the meantime.

Kimmie

Thanks. I will look through there and see if I can find it. If I do, I will edit this post and let you know. :)

Chalky

I can't find it....  I have found what I did though.  Please please please save backup copies of your files before editing them in case I've missed something.  I'm not a coder, I'm just comparing my files with the original clean install to see what I did.  I also can't test it because my Filezilla is already busy and likely to continue being busy for the next few hours.

In Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php, or the MessageIndex.template.php of your custom theme if it has its own, find:

Code (find) Select
<p>', $txt['started_by'], ' ', $topic['first_post']['member']['link'], '

and replace with:

Code (replace) Select
<p>',$topic['first_post']['time'],' - ', $txt['started_by'], ' ', $topic['first_post']['member']['link'], '

Kimmie

Thanks!! I will try this out later and let you know how it goes.

Chalky

Advertisement: