Your session timed out while posting.

Started by Altronous, August 26, 2014, 01:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altronous

404 - not found when I try to run the upgrade.php

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Illori on September 14, 2014, 02:14:06 PM
that is why we have http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading which upgrading will take you from 1.1 to 2.0 without any issues.
Yeah indeed when I first wrote reply #17 I linked that but thought again and edited it linking to that other page instead. This is for many reasons: first that it can be done either ways, second that doing such an upgrade is not so much different from a brand new installation since moving from 1.1 to 2.0.x wipes any mods and themes... And third... A brand new installation with a backed up and imported database *could* have avoided errors like the one above.

Back up everything and then wipe everything but the .htaccess and the db, then install smf 2.0.8? Importing the database after that shouldn't be really hard, it should be easy, actually :) just my 2 cents :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Illori

you cant import the database from 1.1 into 2.0, you HAVE to run the upgrade.php script which is part of the upgrade package.

margarett

Quote from: Altronous on September 14, 2014, 02:46:08 PM
Is this still hapening? If so, you probably didn't upload tha package to the right place ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Illori on September 14, 2014, 06:17:27 PM
you cant import the database from 1.1 into 2.0, you HAVE to run the upgrade.php script which is part of the upgrade package.
Still, I have never ever seen this in the documentation... It will be me who missed it but I've never seen it. Could be useful since an administrator might have had an abandoned 1.1 and then decided to move to 2.0.x, wipes out all the data and he would be asked to reinstall 1.1, import the db, run the large upgrade, run that script to patch, upgrade to 2.0.x... That's not really awesome :/

It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Illori

that is why the upgrade page on the wiki tells you exactly what to do to upgrade from one version to another...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah but I still think that warning users about it would be useful, if you consider that I didn't know it myself after a considerable amount of time here... I honestly don't think that a new user will know already :/ anyway sorry I don't want to go off-topic it was just to tell you since you are the Doc Coordinator :) it was just my opinion, I appreciate the explanation a lot though :)

Quote from: margarett on September 14, 2014, 06:18:43 PM
Quote from: Altronous on September 14, 2014, 02:46:08 PM
Is this still hapening? If so, you probably didn't upload tha package to the right place ;)
Up for this, not to miss it ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: