News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

how to modify a theme color

Started by mack420, August 27, 2014, 12:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack420

I was wondering how to take the Pro Red theme and modify the red to be purple? Also would like to change it to teal, if its possible to do this?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Themes support questions should be addressed in the theme's support topic, in this case at the author's site --> http://www.hostflare.co.uk/ (undergoing maintenance while I am typing)

Anyway... Right click on the part you want to edit, press inspect element, find the .css file and the string defining the color you want to change (you will easily see it in the menu as there will be something like "color=#FF0000", look for that file on the server that is hosting your site and edit that string with the color you want :) doing it is easier than explaining it believe me ;)

EDIT: as you have already installed it... This is what you want to edit, find /Themes/ProRed-Fin/css/index.css and then:
Code (find) Select

Code (replace) Select

#EE0000
or another one that you may like more :)

Not really sure about what you meant by "teal" though.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Google translator shows nothing for that word... does that mean in the end?! v.v

EDIT: oh.... The arrow to show more meanings showed "blue green"... Fail -.-"
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: