I cant access my forum

Started by bucharest, August 27, 2014, 02:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucharest

I get this message

2: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/footymadstreams.com/html/Themes/blackrain1111/index.template.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/var/sites)
/var/sites/f/footymadstreams.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php

Any suggestions

JBlaze

Click this link: http://www.footymadstreams.com/index.php?theme=1

That will reset you to the default theme. It looks like you have deleted the other themes for your site without removing them from the database. You may want to check your Themes directory to make sure they're still there.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

bucharest

Ok thanks for that, i hadnt knowingly done anything

How do i check the theme directory ?

bucharest

When i try to log in i still cant access it

i get this

2: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/footymadstreams.com/html/Themes/blackrain1111/index.template.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/var/sites)

And i still cant get in via say google for example so i assume no one else will be able to

JBlaze

Hmm... Just looked more at the error. Looks like your file paths may be incorrect. Have you tried running repair_settings.php?

What is repair_settings.php?
Jason Clemons

bucharest

I just tried that and windows wouldnt open the file

JBlaze

Quote from: bucharest on August 27, 2014, 03:19:35 AM
I just tried that and windows wouldnt open the file

If you're trying to open that file on your computer, you're going to have a bad time. You need to upload the file to your server, and then access it via your internet browser. Read the instructions on the wiki page I linked above.
Jason Clemons

bucharest

Ok thanks

I will need to ask someone to do that

bucharest

bucharest

bucharest

Anyone a idea how to resolve this ?

margarett

Moved to Support.

Please don't bump your topics within 24h. Check the link you're given about repair_settings. Read it before you use the tool, then try it and let us know if you need further help.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bucharest

I wasnt bumping anyhting i was just responding to the poster who was giving me advice

I still cant access the forum

LiroyvH

Quote from: JBlaze on August 27, 2014, 03:12:49 AM
Hmm... Just looked more at the error. Looks like your file paths may be incorrect. Have you tried running repair_settings.php?

What is repair_settings.php?

Quote from: JBlaze on August 27, 2014, 03:21:26 AM
If you're trying to open that file on your computer, you're going to have a bad time. You need to upload the file to your server, and then access it via your internet browser. Read the instructions on the wiki page I linked above.

Follow instructions first, then come with follow-up questions. ;)
repair_settings.php can fix the issue for you, your paths are obviously configured incorrectly right now.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Mstcool

Quote from: bucharest on August 27, 2014, 03:27:03 AM
Ok thanks

I will need to ask someone to do that

Download the file, upload to the root of your SMF directory through an ftp software or through a file manager. Then head over to: your domain.com/repair_settings.php

bucharest

Ok thank you for your suggestions

bucharest

This issue has now been resolved thanks for your help

Advertisement: