Updating SMF 2.0.8 File Paths

Started by jriani, August 27, 2014, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jriani

Hi all,
I moved my forum to a new server and as such it has all new file paths. I ran the repair_settings.php file which fixed almost everything however admins trigger this error:

http://www.mydomain.com/forumroot/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=perms
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/path/on/old/public_html/forumroot/useravatars) is not within the allowed path(s): (/path/on/new:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/tmp)
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /path/on/new/public_html/forumroot/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 1823

It looks like one of the old paths was not updated by the repair_settings.php script. Any ideas on how to fix this?

margarett

Can you run it again and check if you see any wrong path?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jriani

Quote from: margarett on August 27, 2014, 08:29:44 AM
Can you run it again and check if you see any wrong path?

I double checked and all paths are there. I went through admin panel to manually change the directory and it works now. I had to do the same for Ultimate Profile mod too. I guess repair_settings.php misses those paths?

margarett

Now that I look at it, useravatars is not a standard SMF folder, so it's natural that repair_settings doesn't touch it...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jriani

Quote from: margarett on August 27, 2014, 08:38:06 AM
Now that I look at it, useravatars is not a standard SMF folder, so it's natural that repair_settings doesn't touch it...

Yup, just realized that too. All is well now. Thanks!

mctaz

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I'm having similar problems.
I run the repair_settings tool, yet it appears the new moved forum is still referring to the CSS file on the old server

The error log shows this:
"2: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/fighting/public_html/forum/Themes/Novo/css/admin.css) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/jimbo:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp)
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/jimbo/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1788 "

Any ideas anyone please?

margarett

You should create your own topic ;) I'm now on the phone, it's not handy to split it.
Nevertheless, make sure you set ALL theme's paths on the lower part of the tool. So:
1st, set correct settings for database and paths. Save
2nd, set correct paths for all themes displayed. Saved

All should be good ;) There is also a tool to repair themes in your ACP but I don't remember it out of my head...

mctaz

Thank you Margarett, moving it to another post, as it's still not working.
Checked the repair_settings again, and all paths point to the new server.

McT

Advertisement: