Getting 404 Error After changing hosting from windows to Linux

Started by pavan09, August 27, 2014, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pavan09

Hello,

My forum URL is www[.]mypropertyreviews[.]com, I am facing two problems.

1) I have shared windows hosting at godaddy, i uploaded smf at www[.]mypropertyreviews[.]com domain. but always getting folder name in every URL like www[.]mypropertyreviews[.]com/mypropertyreviews/index.php?board=4.0 (bold portion is unwanted folder name. how can i remove it?

2) Today i changed hosting from windows to linux and start getting 404 error for every forum link like for www[.]mypropertyreviews[.]com/mypropertyreviews/index.php?board=4.0, then changed hosting from linux to windows but still it is showing 404.

strange thing is that www[.]mypropertyreviews[.]com/index.php?topic=274.0 type of urls are working fine.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Pavan

kat

1-If the forum was installed into a sub-directory, you could move it all into the root, then use this...

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

... to correct the settings. Or, you could create a redirect.

2-Repairing the settings may cure that, too. :)

Kindred

well, also - the paths used for windows servers are different from the paths used for linux servers -- so you definitely have to run repair_settings.php and update your server settings/locations/paths
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: