Repair_settings & Pathways or Database?

Started by mctaz, August 27, 2014, 05:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mctaz

I run the repair_settings tool, yet it appears the new moved forum is still referring to the CSS file on the old server
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The error log shows this:
"2: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect.
File(/home/fighting/public_html/forum/Themes/Novo/css/admin.css) is not within the allowed path(s):

(/home/jimbo:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp)

Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/jimbo/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1788 "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a feeling it's the database, I backed it up via cpanel on the old domain & restored it via cpanel.
From the error message above the top pathways points towards the old account, "fighting" and NOT the new one "jimbo"
So it appears to me in my limited understanding the fault lies with the database?
I followed the instructions from this site but may have missed something important

Burke ♞ Knight

Are you certain that some file does not have the location for the css file hard coded?
Meaning edited to have the URL instead of

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index.css?fin20" />

Kindred

1- you must run repair_settings and save the database updates...   then run it again and save the path and url updates.....   it can not write the path and url updates to the database until the database has been correctly connected.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mctaz

Thank you for the responses.

I did run the repair_settings tool twice, and checked all of the pathways before saving (twice)
As for hard coded url for the CSS, no, I haven't done this.

I downloaded the old forum from the previous domain (different account) and uploaded it to the new account via ftp
I backupped the old database, then restored it in the new domain via cpanel
I then opened repair_settings in my browser and checked all the pathways before saving (x2)

Thanks

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: Kindred on August 27, 2014, 06:04:56 PM
1- you must run repair_settings and save the database updates...

You need to do that before you can change pathways.

mctaz

Thank you, I stupidly missed the point about the database first then the pathways...
I also had to rest my password for reasons unknown.
Now the forum is functioning once more, but attachments and user profile pics are no longer showing, did I miss something?

Kindred

sounds like your attachments and avatars directories are still wrong...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: