Help on how to Customise my SMF new site

Started by seyiman, August 28, 2014, 12:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seyiman

Hello Everyone,
I recently intalled SMF machine as my forum website and now i need help to customise it to have LL THE BOARD listed in tabular form and well arrange form like any of these two sites: hxxp:nairaland.com [nonactive] and hxxp:allstudentforum.com [nonactive] please admin.

JUST NEED
to arrange all the forum board Categories and subcategories to be arrange like the two reference sites. how do i do it>
Really Appreciate you all.....

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org ;)

Well there's nothing fancy about that. allstudentforum.com uses SMF and a portal. In the portal's main block they created the boards link (most likely by hand).
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

dear gods... why do people keep holding up those forum designs as something that they think is good?

I know it's opinion and all, but OMG, nairaland is one of the worst designs I have ever seen in my life.... and the allstudentforum is not far behind.

Cluttered and disorganized
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Arantor

It hasn't for a while, at least a year or two.

live627

Arantor

That's because you, like me, are full of good taste and refuse to go there :P

Kindred

well, you're both full of SOMETHING....   we'll leave it at that. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I'm full of unicorns and fluffy pink bunny love. I don't know what else you might be thinking of XD

Dragooon

Arantor

Quote from: Dragooon on August 28, 2014, 11:06:36 AM
I like it's design

Who are you and what have you done with the real Dragooon? Making a punctuation failure and gratuitously bad style decisions in the same post... must be fake ;D :P

live627

Quote from: ‽ on August 28, 2014, 07:17:02 AM
Nairaland doesn't even run SMF any more.
I like it's design
I.... what?

Quote from: Kindred on August 28, 2014, 10:05:49 AM
well, you're both full of SOMETHING....   we'll leave it at that. :P
I'm mostly full of water. Do I win now?

Dragooon

Quote from: ♥ on August 28, 2014, 11:09:05 AM
I like it's design

Who are you and what have you done with the real Dragooon? Making a punctuation failure and gratuitously bad style decisions in the same post... must be fake ;D :P
It has so much content, must be awesome.

Arantor

Dragooon

Quote from: ♥ on August 28, 2014, 12:34:22 PM
More does not necessarily mean better.
But that site is purely awesome, it's so going to be the base of 3.0.

Arantor

I see I have to remind you of the Arantor'th Commandment; thou shalt not troll thy Arantor. ;D

Dragooon

Quote from: ♥ on August 28, 2014, 12:37:03 PM
I see I have to remind you of the Arantor'th Commandment; thou shalt not troll thy Arantor. ;D
That's in direct conflict of Dragooon's Commandment; Dragooon shalt troll anyone.

Arantor

Pretty sure my commandment came first. *nods sagely*

Advertisement: