SMF as CMS

Started by rajmail, August 28, 2014, 03:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajmail

Hello Experts,

I guess the topic has been discussed tons of time since the creation of the Universe and I have read several thread but wanted a fresh prospective.

Requirement
I want a CMS for my new project where I am expecting 100k-200k articles. I am inclined towards SMF since I am a bit familer with it but Wp is another great option because of enormous 2.0 style themes.   The closest decent implementation I found  in http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php. [nofollow]

Can someone suggest themes and Mods to achieve the same ?

I know my requirements are quite vague but chaps in SMF team are pretty smart :).

Pointers please.

Looking

You can install SMF with a portal for that effect.

margarett

I'd say you should use the right tool for the right job. SMF and a portal can get you there, yes.
But if you don't need a forum and just want articles or a blog system, then you should probably use a tool built specifically for that ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rajmail

Yes I have explored Portal Mods. And this is indeed a good Advice. 3most important reasons I liked SMF, Light weighted,  Nested Boards, multiple posts under same topic. All I am struggling is with the UI and design part, wish if I know more about SMF technically so I can make it the way I want.

Quote from: margarett on August 28, 2014, 06:20:06 AM
I'd say you should use the right tool for the right job. SMF and a portal can get you there, yes.
But if you don't need a forum and just want articles or a blog system, then you should probably use a tool built specifically for that ;)

Burke ♞ Knight

I use SMF, SimplePortal, SMFBlog and a few other mods to make my sites capable of competing against any CMS.
What is best, it is a lot easier to use, as admin and as user.

SimplePortal is a great portal, but what makes it top for me, is the pages feature.
You can make pages for regular web content, which can be done in bbc, html or php.

Advertisement: