News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do I edit the table grid border?

Started by dopeitspaul, August 28, 2014, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dopeitspaul

Hey everyone was wondering how I can edit the border on the table grid. Not sure if its a border or a margin but either way, how can I edit it? It looks like its 2px and I wanted to see how it looks if I change it to 1px

Here's the img of the border/margin that I'm talking about

kat

As that's a custom theme, you might be best posting in the theme's support topic. But, it might just be that you need to alter something in index.css (Not sure what).

dopeitspaul

Quote from: K@ on August 28, 2014, 02:56:23 PM
As that's a custom theme, you might be best posting in the theme's support topic. But, it might just be that you need to alter something in index.css (Not sure what).

Its the theme, Curve. Just changed the colors

And I'm still having no luck on finding it on the CSS

Antechinus

The 2px gap between cells is default HTML behaviour for tables. If you don't define anything else, that's what you get.

The way to get 1px is to collapse the default gap, then use a CSS solid colour border to imitate a 1px gap. This is how the .table_grid class is handled. Check the code for that class and apply similar tricks to your board index. :)

ARG01

Not at my comp to test this but maybe you could manipulate the look by adding a border here. ?

tr.windowbg td, tr.windowbg2 td, tr.approvebg td, tr.highlight2 td
{
padding: 0.3em 0.7em;
}
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

dopeitspaul

Quote from: SimpMode on August 28, 2014, 07:09:51 PM
Not at my comp to test this but maybe you could manipulate the look by adding a border here. ?

tr.windowbg td, tr.windowbg2 td, tr.approvebg td, tr.highlight2 td
{
padding: 0.3em 0.7em;
}

I noticed that on your website,
http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=aa7dd584cfd74c4dca5ba2c0bebc515c&action=forum

... it doesn't have that 2px white border/margin. Was wondering how you got it done. Because I was trying to do the same thing as your table now that I looked at it. No margin and only a bottom border.

ARG01

Quote from: dopeitspaul on August 28, 2014, 08:23:16 PM
I noticed that on your website,
http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=aa7dd584cfd74c4dca5ba2c0bebc515c&action=forum

... it doesn't have that 2px white border/margin. Was wondering how you got it done. Because I was trying to do the same thing as your table now that I looked at it. No margin and only a bottom border.

I didn't design that theme but time allowing, I will see what I can come up with.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

dopeitspaul

^ Thanks, please let me know if you find a solution.

ARG01

Antechinus

Of course, don't actually go looking at the .table_grid class like I suggested. :P

dopeitspaul

Quote from: Antechinus on August 30, 2014, 04:02:57 AM
Of course, don't actually go looking at the .table_grid class like I suggested. :P

Haha, sorry I tried but it didn't work.

I actually just found out how to get rid of the margin. I'm not very familiar when it comes to tables and css. But I did some research and I had to add "border-collapse: collapse;"

I added it over here:
/* Styles for a typical table.
------------------------------------------------------- */
table.table_list
{
   width: 100%;
   border-collapse: collapse;

Here is the result now:

Antechinus

Yes, which is basically what I was telling you to do. What I said was that the .table_grid class used the sort of coding you needed, therefore you should check it out for an example of the code you needed to apply to your board index.

Ha ha. Sorry, you didn't try it at all. If you had, it would have worked, as you have just found out.

Advertisement: