[SOLVED] Installing languages: Other languages not showing???

Started by vavroom, October 11, 2005, 05:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavroom

Hello,

I've just finished the install of a new forum, running 1.05.

I successfully installed the Juno theme.

Now, I want to install the German and Spanish language files.  From what I found on this board, I understand I only needed to unzip the appropriate packages, and upload them in the appropriate theme/juno folder.

Which I did.  Or at least, I think I did it properly.  The only file that seems needed in the settings.language.php to go in the /theme/x/language directory, and the appropriate buttons to go in the theme/x/images/language directory (or am I on the wrong path here?)

And it's not working.  I tried also unpacking to the classic or default themes, and it's not working either.

Also, I'm wanting my users to be able to select whether they view the board in English, Spanish or German.  I saw where the default language setting is for the site, but the drop down only gives me "English".  That is what tells me my install of a new language isn't working right.

Also, when I go in my own user settings, I can't seem to find where I would be able to select another language than English.

I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere, but after staring at every place I can think of, and then some, I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nic
The longer you stare at the screen, the blanker it gets...

vavroom

Well, after trying several things, I got it.

What no one seems to say anywhere is that you have to have a bunch of files in the Default theme.  So just telling users to put the language files in the theme/x/language folder is not sufficient. 

It appears you *must* have all the language files in Default, plus whichever secondary themes you want to use.

It would be nice if languages could be installed as easily as themes or other packages are.  You guys have gotten us used to the good life!  LOL

Cheers
Nic
The longer you stare at the screen, the blanker it gets...

Advertisement: