News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Posting images via FTP

Started by Adi07, August 29, 2014, 04:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adi07

I would like upload images into my post from my computer via FTP, but I do not know how to do that. Could anyone help me?

kat

Not sure what you mean... You can upload a file, using FTP, to your site and link to it, using [IMG][/IMG] tags, if you want to do that.

Otherwise, I haven't got a clue what you mean, I'm afraid. :(

Kindred

The short of it is -- you can not do that.

all connection to the forum is done via http.
There is no option to upload images or other files inot a post via ftp.

as k@ says - you can upload your images somewhere (your site, somewhere else) and use the IMG BBC tag to display them in the post...
but that's it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I believe Aeva Media has an upload to the gallery via FTP option but I've never used it and have no idea if it's any good. I do know that it has bulk uploading via a Flash component, though.

(And I know a certain other gallery that will deal with both of these too in due course)

Kindred

right...   upload to a gallery may work.  Upload to the post (unless it's through the gallery and then inserted into the post) is something different. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

If you have a lot of images, I'd assume you'd want something better to manage them anyway than posts. Like categorisation. Metadata. Search specific to items.

Advertisement: