News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Paid subscription not working?

Started by MilliR, August 29, 2014, 08:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilliR

I have setuped paid subscriptions with a user changed to Club Member usergroup on successfull subscription. I have enabled PayPal test (sandbox) mode.

The trouble is that once the payment is processed in PayPal, users are not changed usergroup and no activity is detected for subscription. The only clue that the payment was done is in th users paypal history and in the admin panel under view subscriptions. Under Finished, it shows as 2

Am I doing sometyhing wrong or Paid Subscription doesnt work in test mode?

Kindred

on the paypal side of things, did you properly set up the return/response url?   because if paypal never sends the "OK" back to the forum, it will never realize they have successfully paid
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

You shouldn't have to set that. The form response that directs the user to PayPal in the first place already contains a return-to-subscriptions.php instruction in it as per PayPal's API.

MilliR

Quote from: Kindred on August 29, 2014, 08:23:10 AM
on the paypal side of things, did you properly set up the return/response url?   because if paypal never sends the "OK" back to the forum, it will never realize they have successfully paid

I have setuped the IPN properly, if that's what you mean.

Arantor

MilliR

Quote from: ♥ on August 29, 2014, 10:18:36 AM
What mods do you have installed?

Downloads System   2.1a 
Pretty URLs   1.1.1a
SMFShop

Kindred

ah...  likely prettyurls is screwing it up
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

It shouldn't be, but it's entirely possible, I guess. I was expecting to see Bad Behaviour, actually.

Sir Osis of Liver

Disable test mode and set up a new test subscription (PayPal will process a $.10usd payment), see if it works.  Disable IPN in your PP account, and disable recurring payment if it's checked..
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MilliR

Tried everything. Doesnt seem to be working! Removed pretty url and removed the .htaccess. Save problem.

Tried paying $0.01 in live mode. Same thing happening again!

Sir Osis of Liver

Any Paid Subs errors in your error log?  If not, it's likely IPNs are being blocked, either by a mod or host security.  PayPal support can confirm that IPNs are sent, and determine if they're being blocked.

If you're logging errors, pm temporary admin access and I'll have a look.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: