News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How many online today!

Started by Frobisher, August 29, 2014, 10:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frobisher

Would someone please explain this anomaly.

If I log onto my Forum as Admin and navigate to Admin > Members > View All Members, under the Last Online column I can see 5 that has been online today. One of those is the Administrator.

Now, if I click on Home and go to the bottom of the page, I see, Most Online Today: 2.

Am I missing the point or should these two numbers be the same.

Thanks.
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Arantor

You're missing the point. The two numbers should not be the same.

You have had 5 people online today. But only two online *within the same 15 minute window as each other*.

Frobisher

When is an anomaly not an anomaly, when you are missing the point ;) I did wonder if it was to do with the 15 minute window but it is not clear (not to me). Now I understand. Thanks for the quick reply.

Something I have been meaning to ask. Can I as a User mark this Topic as solved or does that have to be done by an Administrator or Moderator?
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Arantor

Yeah, it's not well documented, unfortunately. Something that should definitely be tackled at some point.

There should be a 'Mark Topic Solved' button at the bottom of the topic for you to press, with green writing.

Frobisher

OK and thanks.

Yes, I can see the button. The question was based on etiquette. OK, I will mark it as solved.
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Advertisement: