News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Install error

Started by StaticNomad, August 29, 2014, 11:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StaticNomad

I am so beyond frustrated and tired. I've been trying, for two months, to get my forum back after I was talked into doing a "easy as 123" upgrade to CPanel, which has, I believe, ultimately cost me five years of history in forum material (despite my saving the entire forum and SQL database). I'm trying to install fresh, and when I get to the steps to create my user name, etc... this is what I get:

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/steampunks/public_html/forum/install.php on line 1286

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/steampunks/public_html/forum/install.php on line 1288

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/steampunks/public_html/forum/install.php on line 1336
Unknown column 'member_name' in 'field list'

Can anyone help? I'm just toast over here.

Kindred

If you have a backup saved of the files and database, then you did not lose anything.

you can restore the database on your new server in the database section...   then restore the files to the server file structure...
then make sure the configuration is correct (see the wiki on what repair_settings.php is and how to use it)

there is no need to do a new install
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

StaticNomad

I have tried doing exactly this before. It refused my SQL backup that I had, and the host had to recode the SQL somehow (I don't know what they did) to get the database to even accept it. Now it's in the database, but if I upload my forum files as I had them before, it just acts like it doesn't exist. It's a mess going in a circle that has led me to just install from fresh and see if I can get the database to connect that way and then try to restore. But I cannot even get back the error in my original post.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: