News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Editing Text Editor

Started by meemzo, August 29, 2014, 11:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meemzo

Hope I'm in the right place.  I am trying to figure out how to change the line height of the text editor.  I use firebug to isolate the css code but I can't seem to find it anywhere.  I used it to find the css on this page.  It's in the default/css/index.css.  Tried adding textarea code to editor.css and index.css, no luck.  Any suggestions?

meemzo

bumping time!  I wish I could figure this out for myself.  I'm no "expert" but I've edited my fair share of css files.  Don't know why this little bugger is so difficult.

Arantor

The editor code is part of editor.css not index.css. On top of that... though... it's a complex mess because you're not just dealing with a textarea, but also an iframe.

You can try editing the definition of editor.css on line 9 where it declares for both .editor and .rich_editor_frame but expect weird things to happen in the rich text editor if you have it enabled. It's... fragile.

meemzo

This makes me all kind of sad.  :(

Arantor

I tried the part I just suggested and it worked when I tried it in Firefox without any obvious weirdness...

meemzo

Oh, yay!  I will try then and see if it works.  Thanks for checking on it.!

Arantor

If I thought it would have actual weirdness, I would have said ;) It's just that playing with the richtext editor can lead to unexpected issues, but I didn't find any obvious ones. Try it and see how it goes for you :)

meemzo

Unfortunately it didn't work for me.  I have 4 rules in the editor css.  Adding line-height code to any of them didn't cause any changes.

.editor {
    max-width: 100%;
    min-width: 100%;
    width: 100%;
}
.editor, .rich_editor_frame {
    border: 1px solid #808080;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 2px !important;

}
.rich_editor_frame {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #fff;
}
.richedit_resize {
    -moz-border-bottom-colors: none;
    -moz-border-left-colors: none;
    -moz-border-right-colors: none;
    -moz-border-top-colors: none;
    background: url("../images/bbc/resize-handle.gif") no-repeat scroll 50% 1px #eee;
    border-color: #ddd;
    border-image: none;
    border-right: 1px solid #ddd;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 0 1px 1px;
    cursor: s-resize;
    font-size: 0;
    height: 5px;
    padding: 0 2px;
    width: 100%;
}

Arantor

.editor, .rich_editor_frame {
    border: 1px solid #808080;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 2px !important;

}

is the one to add it to, starting on line 9.

If you've edited the file you may need to force refresh to make the changes appear.

Advertisement: