Logging in as another user for admin purposes

Started by MrMike, August 29, 2014, 02:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMike

Quote from: Mstcool on August 30, 2014, 11:05:33 PMWhat are these things that people keep messing up with?

On the WebRingo site it's mostly ring and site configuration, site membership within multiple rings, and sometimes the ring code selection.

On other sites it's stuff like advanced user config, or group, subgroup, and guest permissions. Sometimes it's capture rates, sometimes it's spam and bot scoring thresholds, sometimes it's a complicated recurring calendar event, and so on.

Sometimes it's just easier to say, "Can I login to your account and take a look?" and fix it than it is to try and walk them through numerous config settings when they're already frustrated or nearing the end of their patience.

So trust me- I get it. I get the whole "stay out of my account" thing. But sometimes it's just not a practical or sensible approach. If you have paying customers who need immediate help then before long you'll find yourself wishing you had a "Log in as User" button.  :)

Mstcool

Oh, I get what you mean and why you are trying to have this feature. Anyways, good luck with your site! :)

Oh and if you're the only admin, they you should add more people to ur staff who can access others account and fix stuff for them as well. That'll make ur life easier. :) :P

Advertisement: