News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragoN_PT

Do as I did. Download the load2.php from kevincool on page 6 (the 2nd one!) and search for that part. Then just make your file similar to his and everything should work.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: DragoN_PT on April 03, 2015, 09:22:48 AM
Do as I did. Download the load2.php from kevincool on page 6 (the 2nd one!) and search for that part. Then just make your file similar to his and everything should work.

Hahaha, Ironic it was myself that had the same issue back then!

Many thanks for pointing me back there though, I've just carried out the changes as kev made to my old Load and indeed it has fixed my issue! :D

woot!  ;D
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

kelvincool

I wouldn't recommend using that one from page 6, that was a long time ago so it's missing a few bits and bobs. Not much but if you have used it then I would recommend just quickly giving it a check against the latest install.xml to make sure it has everything. I think there were changes to that in 1.2.

DragoN_PT

I've installed the mod and the only part where the mod gave an error was that one 420connect.info talked about. I just used your file to change those particular lines the mod couldn't find. Would that be a problem?

Klauser

Hello, If I want view the User Profile and there the comments

index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=thanked;u=348

than this is giving an error in the logs ?

Thank you !

2: Illegal string offset 'id'
Datei: /homepages/Themes/default/SayThanks.template.php
Line: 84

<div id="thanker_list_' . $message['id'] . '" class="thanks smalltext"><span>' . $txt['saythanks_thanked'] . '</span>' . $list . '</div>';

sunilimon

Hi!

Is there any possibility to add thanks option to tapatalk? Other thanks mod have this option. Thank you very much! :)
SMF version: 2.0.14

http://www.hookahspain.com your hookah / shisha comunity at Spain

kelvincool

Quote from: Klauser on April 06, 2015, 06:36:19 AM
2: Illegal string offset 'id'
Datei: /homepages/Themes/default/SayThanks.template.php
Line: 84

<div id="thanker_list_' . $message['id'] . '" class="thanks smalltext"><span>' . $txt['saythanks_thanked'] . '</span>' . $list . '</div>';

Thanks for reporting this, oddly enough I don't see the error in my logs, I can see what's caused it so I will put out a fix for this.

Quote from: sunilimon on April 07, 2015, 05:23:34 PM
Hi!

Is there any possibility to add thanks option to tapatalk? Other thanks mod have this option. Thank you very much! :)

I haven't used tapatalk before so I cannot comment at the moment I will take a look into it.

Quote from: DragoN_PT on April 04, 2015, 09:41:14 AM
I've installed the mod and the only part where the mod gave an error was that one 420connect.info talked about. I just used your file to change those particular lines the mod couldn't find. Would that be a problem?

That should be ok then if you were just fixing one error that failed to install.

Kimmie

I know it was mentioned earlier but I don't see any updates for it. Will this be updated so that we can turn it off on boards it isn't needed for?

kelvincool

Quote from: Kimmie on April 11, 2015, 01:03:09 PM
I know it was mentioned earlier but I don't see any updates for it. Will this be updated so that we can turn it off on boards it isn't needed for?

That feature has been implemented, check the settings page to disable on the boards you don't want it on.

420Connect.co.uk

Quickly dropping 2 ideas / appreciated if you could share the code needed to achieve:

- Stuff I thanked page (similar to my thanked posts page)
- Stats block: 10 top thanked posts ( displays the 10 most 'thanked' posts)

Many thanks as always
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

kelvincool

Quote from: 420connect.info on April 13, 2015, 07:42:39 PM
Quickly dropping 2 ideas / appreciated if you could share the code needed to achieve:

- Stuff I thanked page (similar to my thanked posts page)
- Stats block: 10 top thanked posts ( displays the 10 most 'thanked' posts)

Many thanks as always

Both of those are doable, I'm not a big fan of adding stats, they always have to come in pairs otherwise it looks really weird. Anyways I shall add that to the list of features to consider.

420Connect.co.uk

Thanks for the reply & considering kelvin! :)

~ I've run into a bigger issue I'm hoping you've came across before..

I had moved a copy of my site to a new url and found everything appeared to be working as it should except when I went to post/save anything I got the 'Hacking Attempt...' message.. - I then discovered 'thanking' posts wasn't working anymore either and thought it could be the reason for the first messages..  anyway I've uninstalled it, and now am facing a white screen with "theme_template_error" displayed and can't seem to help the situation.. :'(

I parsed the mod and searched the files it makes edits to for anything with 'thank' remaining but nothing was to be found..  :-[

kelvincool

Hacking attempt means somehow you're not going through index.php. Don't think the thanks mod should cause that, it doesn't do anything on post. Have you checked the error logs?

420Connect.co.uk

Sorry for thinking your mod might have been related!

My "Hacking attempt..." issue still exists after successfully removing it..

Can't see anything related to these issues from the log..

Could I be missing an index.php file or have mucked up one of them somewhere? possibly?

(Also to avoid high-jacking this thread appreciated if you've any ideas to reply here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535753)

Cheers!

desiamerican26

Hello Friends,

I am unable to create a new topic in this thread. Any Help. I don't see the NEW TOPIC button. I have a question regarding email notification, when someone register on the site I don't get any notification on my email. I am attaching a screen shot of what I have set up as. Please let me know.

I am sorry that I am posting in this thread since I am unable to create a new topic.

Steve

You can't create a topic in this section. It's for mod creators. Go to the support section and ask your question there. With over a hundred posts, I'm kinda surprised you don't know that. ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=147.0

There have been a number of questions about not getting email notification if you want to try a quick search first. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

420Connect.co.uk

Lots of these are appearing since reinstalling after getting my other issue sorted out..

would you mind having a check over my Load.php to check I've got the relevant parts in the right places..

I'm flooded with this in my logs:

Undefined index: thanks

for this line:

'thanks' => $profile['thanks'],

Many thanks as always!

kelvincool

Just one little bit missing.

420Connect.co.uk

Thank you very much!

;)

desiamerican26

Quote from: Steve on April 23, 2015, 08:10:51 AM
You can't create a topic in this section. It's for mod creators. Go to the support section and ask your question there. With over a hundred posts, I'm kinda surprised you don't know that. ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=147.0

There have been a number of questions about not getting email notification if you want to try a quick search first. :)

Thank You Steve. Well I don't ask for help much as SMF is very easy and great platform to use. But sometimes it's just something happens all of a sudden or cuz of other Mod's probably. I will do the research and hopefully I will get my answer with that  :)

Advertisement: