News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Is this searchable? In other words, is there a way for people to search for the posts they've been thanked for?
DO NOT pm me for support!

H0 modelspoor

Is it possible to change the words somehow into dutch??
SMF-pakket                   SMF 2.0.11
Sources                           2.0.8   
Standaardtemplates    2.0.10
Taalbestanden             2.0.10

ForumMix

I use version 2.0.9 and had no problems with the installation. I use the original theme of the Curve. But I cannot up either text or icon.

What should I do so this can be seen in a post?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Steve on October 11, 2014, 08:44:21 PM
Is this searchable? In other words, is there a way for people to search for the posts they've been thanked for?
Missed it... No it isn't if Google doesn't indexes it.

Quote from: H0 modelspoor on October 24, 2014, 09:32:13 AM
Missed either...
Just edit the language file?

Quote from: ForumMix on November 06, 2014, 12:57:38 PM
I use version 2.0.9 and had no problems with the installation. I use the original theme of the Curve. But I cannot up either text or icon.

What should I do so this can be seen in a post?
You surely messed up somewhere since it's not really possible if it did work with no errors... Perhaps flushing your cache (especially if you are using Cloudflare or similar services..).
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ForumMix

Emptied the cash and all, but it still does not work.

ForumMix

Now damn it works. But can someone translate the text displayed on the posts to Swedish?     ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 06, 2014, 01:11:55 PM
Quote from: H0 modelspoor on October 24, 2014, 09:32:13 AM
Missed either...
Just edit the language file?
I add that it might be useful to be posted so it can be added to the mod itself... I might translate it to Italian, too...
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arnox_S

Hey. Arnox here. I was looking all over for a Thanks or a Like system which would not display the total number of Thanks one has received on the forum in everyone's posts. Unfortunately I couldn't find one. HOWEVER, after figuring a couple things out about SMF mods, I configured this mod to what I need. (Doesn't display total number of Thanks one's received on the forum in every user's posts.)

I decided to upload my work here in case anyone was looking for the same thing. I really hope some people will find it to be what they're looking for.

Note: I DO NOT OFFER ANY SUPPORT FOR THIS MODDED VERSION OF A MOD. I give it to you AS IS and assume no responsibility for any damage (unlikely) that this may cause to one's forum or hosting.

Steve

Then what does it do? Just display that so and so thanked this post with no indications in the mini-profile?

kelvincool

Hello everyone,

New version of the mod is coming out in a few days, if anyone is doing translations, I've attached the latest language file. If you want your language included, reply with an attachment to this topic. Many thanks!

QuoteIs this searchable? In other words, is there a way for people to search for the posts they've been thanked for?

I've looked into perhaps adding a show thanked posts on the show posts page in the profile area but I don't think it's going to be worth the effort to be honest. Showing a list of posts seems quite intensive, not sure how much benefit anyone will get out of it.

@Arnox, bit of weird modification you've done, what's the reason behind hiding the thanked count?

Steve

As for the searchability, I totally understand and thank you for considering it. :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Wait... How to remove a given thanks? I am not able to find it anywhere but there is such an option in the language file ???

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

That would be because it is part of the new version  :)

If there was a thank you button I would thank you for your translations  :D

Ninja ZX-10RR

Aaaaaaahhhh that's much more clear now :P well you're welcome and thank you as well for the explanation :) waiting for the new version :D
Inserting it into the language file was smart though, you anticipated the translations so you don't need to repack it multiple times, nice dude!

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arnox_S

Quote from: kelvincool on November 09, 2014, 12:30:20 PMI've looked into perhaps adding a show thanked posts on the show posts page in the profile area but I don't think it's going to be worth the effort to be honest. Showing a list of posts seems quite intensive, not sure how much benefit anyone will get out of it.

@Arnox, bit of weird modification you've done, what's the reason behind hiding the thanked count?

Actually, for the above, for my forum, members have been requesting that they're able to see which topics are thanked. I guess it's just very nice to see and would look forward to such a feature myself.

As to it not displaying the number of Thanks in people's mini-profiles, it's so the scramble to be Thanked doesn't dominate forum topics and discussions. When people have to put in even just a tiny bit of effort to see one's number of Thanks, the number becomes much less important and there's no excessive focus on getting Thanks anymore and it also discourages Thanks spamming.

kelvincool

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay, I've been working on putting in the show thanked posts feature. I'm attaching a new language file so if you want to be in the release, reply with edited attachment. The release is pretty much ready to go so I'll wait a couple of days for translations to come in before I upload it.

Thanks

JimZA

Just like to say that this is probably one of the best mods I've added to my forum!

Runs OK under 2.0.9 and I'm looking forward to seeing updates.

The ability to turn the thanks system off for certain boards would be most welcome...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: JimZA on November 16, 2014, 03:06:05 PM
The ability to turn the thanks system off for certain boards would be most welcome...
Good idea to me... On a code basis you could take inspiration from the Topic Solved one which has a setting to enable via boards options (admin edit). If you consider this I willl update the translation once again, np :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

Quote from: JimZA on November 16, 2014, 03:06:05 PM

That's an interesting feature, what's the reason for limiting the thanking system to certain boards?

Advertisement: