News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svendsen

Added Norwegian and Norwegian UTF8 to the language file.

Also wondering if there is a way to get the mode to work along side with TapaTalk and the link button there.

kelvincool

Many thanks Svendsen for the Norwegian translation! Much appreciated!

Regarding TapaTalk, the same question was asked last year and I looked into it. The code that makes TapaTalk work with the other thank mod is built into the TapaTalk mod itself, there is nothing I can do to add support from my end.

d3vcho

Hi! I added Spanish_es and Spanish_es-utf8 to the languages.xml

Great mod kelvincool. Hope it helps! :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

jack_1985

Hello! :)

I wanted to try out this mod but I stumbled upon a problem. The id of the member who "thanks" a post doesn't get saved in the database.
It's always 0. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

kelvincool

Thank you d3vcho for the awesome Spanish contribution! I've added it to the mod.

@jack_1985, that's a strange one, anything in the error logs? Could take a look on the site if you're willing to PM me the URL and a test account. Do you have a lot of mods installed? Could be a conflict.

badon

Quote from: kelvincool on December 09, 2015, 04:38:29 PM
Ok before doing any of this please make sure to backup your database. I would highly recommend trialing this out on a local copy of your database first.

In order to do this you will have to make sure the messages_thanks table is empty, if it's not empty you can run this query to empty the table (NOTE, all thanks in Say Thanks will be deleted so if you've been using Say Thanks for a while all that thanks will be lost):

truncate table smf_messages_thanks

If your tables do not have the smf_ prefix just delete it from the query.

Next you will need to run the following query, again I've highlighted the prefix, if you aren't using it delete it before running it.

INSERT INTO smf_messages_thanks
  SELECT id_msg, id_member
  FROM smf_thank_you_post

This query will pull all the data from thanks o matic into the Say Thanks table.

While I'm in the mood for saying "thanks", I just wanted to say I'm way impressed that you helped a user convert from an obsolete mod to your well-maintained mod. That's very reassuring.

badon

I tried to retrieve this mod by downloading it from within SMF, using the "Browse" package server feature, but it does not appear in the list like it does on the website:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;type=1;bool=and;asc;start=390

I attached screenshots of what I'm seeing from within my SMF system, and also another screenshot that shows where Say Thanks appears in the SMF mod site to demonstrate nothing appears broken here.

I deleted my package server and re-added it again using these instructions, but there's no change, your mod is still not shown:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Package_manager#Add_server

kelvincool

Which version of SMF are you running? I can see it fine on mine. You have a lot of mods missing from your list, must be the version of SMF you are running.

badon

kelvincool

What URL are you using for the server? The suggested one on that page doesn't work for me. You can try using this one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/packages/mods

badon

That URL works, thank you. I updated the wiki. Where did you find that URL?

badon

It looks like neither URL has all of the mods, so I had to add both. I deleted the default URL, so I don't know what that was originally, but it had even fewer mods.

kelvincool

The URL I found was the one that comes with the install. No idea why neither URL gets you everything.

badon

Just tried to install, I got the following error:

15. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
1. Add After ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
2. Add After ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
3. Add After ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
4. Add After ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
5. Add After ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
6. Add After ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
7. Add After ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
8. Add Before ./Sources/Load.php Test failed

Code: (Find) [Select]

LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}membergroups AS pg ON (pg.id_group = mem.id_post_group)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}membergroups AS mg ON (mg.id_group = mem.id_group)';
}
elseif ($set == 'minimal')

Code: (Add Before) [Select]

LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}messages_thanks_stats AS mts ON (mts.id_member = mem.id_member)

kelvincool

Looks like a conflict with another mod, you will have to do the edit manually to install the mod.

Do you want to attach your Load.php file and I'll see if I can work out which mod is conflicting, might be able to change the find to something else.

badon

I just did a diff with WinMerge on my Load.php, and I think the conflict is coming from Display Additional Membergroups. Is it possible to make Say Thanks compatible with Display Additional Membergroups?

kelvincool

I've uploaded a new version that should play nice with Display Additional Membergroups. Just remember to install Display Additional Membergroups first before Say Thanks, flip the order around when uninstalling.

badon

It worked! Thank you!

ashish101

Hi Kelvin

Can this mod replace Thank-o-matic - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=176565.0 . Any issues with large number of users using it?

Is it possible to import existing Thank-0-matic data?
Is it possible to automatic thank on an user's action? For ex. downloading an attachment?

Thanks for your time in advance :).

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: