News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Smiley Problem

Started by avisona30, August 31, 2014, 04:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avisona30

Hi guys I need some help I have 2.0.8 installed forum. in my forum default smile set is working great but when I try to install any new smile set it's install but not work only show blank

Chalky

In the smiley settings, have you changed the default to be your new smiley set?

If you want smiley sets to be member selectable (also in smiley settings) you should ensure that the same smiley codes have corresponding smileys in every set.

Remember that smiley sets are either/or, you either use one set or you use another set.  If you want to be able to select from the full range of smileys you will need to add the smileys from one set into another, either manually (ensure "Enable customized smileys" is enabled in settings) through the "Add Smiley" page or in bulk via FTP.

More information here  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Smileys_and_Message_Icons

avisona30

Quote from: Chalky on August 31, 2014, 04:59:35 AM
In the smiley settings, have you changed the default to be your new smiley set?

If you want smiley sets to be member selectable (also in smiley settings) you should ensure that the same smiley codes have corresponding smileys in every set.

Remember that smiley sets are either/or, you either use one set or you use another set.  If you want to be able to select from the full range of smileys you will need to add the smileys from one set into another, either manually (ensure "Enable customized smileys" is enabled in settings) through the "Add Smiley" page or in bulk via FTP.

More information here  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Smileys_and_Message_Icons

I have done all you say above. but problem still there

Chalky

Please can you explain what exactly you are trying to do?  Are you wanting the new smiley set to be the default or are you tryng to add further smileys to an existing set?  Are you trying to create alternative smiley sets for members to choose from?  How have you added the new smiley/set?

At what point does the smiley show blank?  Does it show correctly on the "Edit Smileys" page?  Does it show correctly when you select it to add to your post?

avisona30

Quote from: Chalky on August 31, 2014, 05:58:47 AM
Please can you explain what exactly you are trying to do?  Are you wanting the new smiley set to be the default or are you tryng to add further smileys to an existing set?  Are you trying to create alternative smiley sets for members to choose from?  How have you added the new smiley/set?

At what point does the smiley show blank?  Does it show correctly on the "Edit Smileys" page?  Does it show correctly when you select it to add to your post?
No it is not showing in Edit Smiley's page. And also it is not showing in post and shout box also

Chalky

Well if it isn't showing in the Edit Smiley page it won't show anywhere else either  ;)

You still haven't said exactly what you're trying to do and how you're trying to do it?

avisona30

I wanting the new smiley set to be
the default one

Chalky

Sorry for the late reply.  Have a look in the theme settings for your current theme and see what setting you have for the default smiley set there. 

avisona30

Quote from: Chalky on September 02, 2014, 05:06:48 AM
Sorry for the late reply.  Have a look in the theme settings for your current theme and see what setting you have for the default smiley set there.

every thing is OK about theme settings.

today I got database error in smile

Chalky

avisona30

I got this error

" Database error, given array of string values is
empty. (smiley_list)"

Advertisement: