Redirecting users to new url

Started by -Captain Ghost-, August 31, 2014, 11:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Captain Ghost-

Hello
I want to know that is there any way to redirect user to new url.
Example I want that the user going to http://example.com should be redirect to http://xyz.com

Hope my question is clear

Thanks  :)

mashby

Could you give a more detailed explanation of what you're trying to achieve?

If you own example.com, you could setup a 301 redirect to xyz.com, but I'm not entirely sure that's what you're asking.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

-Captain Ghost-

Quote from: mashby on August 31, 2014, 11:47:48 AM
Could you give a more detailed explanation of what you're trying to achieve?

If you own example.com, you could setup a 301 redirect to xyz.com, but I'm not entirely sure that's what you're asking.
Ok suppose my old url is example.com and new url is xyz.com so I want that user going to example.com get automatically redirected to xyz.com

Edit: mashby you are right I want as you stated

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: -Captain Ghost- on August 31, 2014, 11:53:54 AM
Ok suppose my old url is example.com and new url is xyz.com so I want that user going to example.com get automatically redirected to xyz.com
That's exactly the same thing you already said.
Please explain it, not repeat it. URL where? URL of what? Redirect from where to where? For who? Where in the forum? Etc..
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: